Selling ultra-rare coins!?!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Hunting Rare, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

You shouldn't tease us so! Can we not see this coin?

Hunting Rare likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

1) yes 2) yes 3) Not a Heritage fan

4. Hunting Rare

Hunting Rare Active Member

I talked to Mr. Wexler, and he wants me to send him the coin so he can see this variety for the first time ever....believe it or not. And then he wants to write an article about it for an upcoming issue in "Coin World".

I'm worried about something happening to it during shipping there or back, and don't know if I wanna risk it since the coin is so rare. Might just get it attributed, crossed-over to a PCGS Gold Shield slab, CAC'd, and then straight to auction early next year...

Still deciding how to handle all of this the right way....

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  5. jb10000lakes

jb10000lakes Well-Known Member

There's a PM option if you want to keep secrets....

6. TylerH

TylerH Well-Known Member

Why do people do this? “Oh I have something I’m going to talk up but I’m keeping it a secret.....”. If it’s THAT great I’m sure you had the answer before coming onto the forum since you have already spoken to multiple dealers. This just feels so “pay attention to me”

7. Hunting Rare

You have gone off the rails and completely lost sight of what this thread originally was......a fairly new numismatist asking multiple questions to gain knowledge and information in an extremely complicated hobby....which is the main purpose of this website in the first place.

8. Hunting Rare

1966 Cent - DDR FS-801.
    E.D.S. / STAGE A.
    TOP POP.

9. TylerH

TylerH Well-Known Member

Nm

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  10. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Thanks HR...can anybody tell ignorant newbies like me what that info that HR posted means and what coin/rarity stuff we are talking about ?

11. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

12. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

I think you also need to be aware that a rare variety is not in the same class as an 1804 Dollar or a 1913 Nickel.

A $1,000 coin might get lost in one of the big auctions competing against dozens of $20,000 coins....

13. Rheingold

Rheingold Well-Known Member

Ok, I thought we are talking about a new Overton or Sheldon variety or a 200 year old coin in MS69 condition...... But talking about good old abe on a otherwise common cent:rolleyes:

14. Derek2200

Derek2200 Well-Known Member

Send to Great Collections raw coin service / coin slabbed then sent to CAC if you want. No upfront costs.

Hunting Rare likes this.
  15. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

16. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Second @Derek2200 on greatcollections.

I've met Ian several times and bought a couple pieces. I've also recommended them before.

They've been incredibly responsive... I've emailed about a website problem Saturday evening and it was fixed before bedtime.

17. Mkman123

Mkman123 Well-Known Member

Coin might be rare but is it even desirable? Have to use a microscope to see the doubling. I and probably many others was thinking he found some rare vintage/key date US coin, but it turns out to be a common date lincoln penny....

Draft saved Draft deleted