WTS: Selling Ancient and Medieval coins

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by arnoldoe, Aug 10, 2019.

1. arnoldoe

arnoldoe Well-Known Member

I selling some ancient coins here.
    Send me a pm if you want to buy any..

Shipping Prices:
    $1.50 to Canada
    $6 to the USA
    $9 worldwide
    Free combined shipping
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philip I, 244 – 249
    philipcap.jpg
    Philip I, 244 – 249
    Bronze, Zeugma Commagene 244-249, Æ 29mm, 14.4g Laureate, draped and cuirassed bust r. Rev. Tetrastyle temple with peribolos containing grove enclosed by colonnades; in exergue, capricorn r. SNG Copenhagen 32 (as Philip II).
    $33

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philip I, with Philip II
    tyche2.jpg
    SYRIA, Seleucis and Pieria, Antioch. Philip I, with Philip II. AD 244-249. Æ 29mm (14.4 g). Laureate, draped, and cuirassed bust of Philip I and radiate and draped bust of Philip II right, vis-à-vis / Veiled and draped bust of Tyche right, wearing turreted crown; ram running right, head reverted, above; star below; Δ-E in upper fields; S C in lower fields. BMC p. 216, 535; SNG Copenhagen 273.
    $39

Romanus Follis
    [​IMG]
    Romanus I. 920-944. Ae Follis (28mm, 6.8 grams). Constantinople mint.
    Obverse
    : Crowned facing bust of Romanus facing wearing chlamys, holding globus cruciger and labarum-tipped sceptre. + RωMAN’ bASILЄVS RωM’ (“Romanus, King of the Romans”)
    Reverse in 4 lines: + RωMA / N’ ЄN ΘЄΟ bA / SILЄVS Rω / MAIωN
    (“Romanus, by the grace of God, King of the Romans”)
    Overstruck on a follis of Leo VI
    $sold

Heraclius Overstruck on Justin II and Sophia Follis
    heracliusjustin.jpg
    Heraclius. 610-641. Æ Follis (32.5mm, 10.3g). Dated RY 3 (612/13). Crowned and draped standing figure of Heraclius and Heraclius Constantine / Large M; cross above, date across fields,. Overstruck on a follis of Justin II and Sophia
    $sold
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gryton
    [​IMG]
    View attachment 972176
    Thessaly, Gyrton. 3rd century B.C.
    AE trichalkon (17 mm, 4.6 g).
    Head of hero Gyrton right.
    ΓYPT/ΩИIΩN, bridled horse prancing left.
    BCD 83.4; Rogers 228. $27
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maurice
    [​IMG]
    Maurice Tiberius. 582-602. Æ Follis (29mm, 12.9). Nicomedia mint, 2nd officina. Dated RY 6 (587/8). Crowned and cuirassed bust facing, holding globus cruciger and shield / Large M; cross above, date across field; B//NIKO. DOC 96b; MIBE 75d; SB 512.$sold
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Anonymous Follis
    anon6.jpg
    BYZANTINE. Anonymous Class B. 1028-1034. Æ Follis (28.5mm, 9.9 grams). Constantinople mint. Nimbate bust of Christ facing, holding book of Gospels / Cross, with • at end of each bar, standing on three steps, separating three-line legend. DOC III pp. 676-9; SB 1823
    No Longer available

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    square dirham
    square3.jpg
    Islamic, al-Maghreb (North Africa). Almohads (al-Muwahhidun). Anonymous issues, 11th century. AR Square Dirham . In the name of al-Mahdi, Fas. V-2088.
    14 mm, 1.2g
    $29

Lot of 6 + 1/2 Coins
    lot1.jpg
    A Lot of 6 + 1 half coin..
    Includes..
    1x COMMAGENE , Zeugma. Philip II. AD 247-249.
    1x AE Gallienus AD 253-268. Antoninianus
    3x Olbia - Bronze Dolphin Money
    1x Augustus/Agrippa coin cut in half from Nemausus
    1x Wire money coin of Peter the Great
    $34

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Theodosius likes this.