Seller does not offer combined shipping discounts..

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Copper56, May 7, 2015.

1. Copper56

Copper56 Active Member

Got this alert the second time I requested a total:

"The Seller does not offer combined shipping discounts! The seller has disallowed combined payments and shipping discounts. Please proceed to checkout to complete your purchase."

Nowhere in his listing did he mention that he did not combine shipping. I bought 7 low grade coins to accompany a higher grade one that I wanted. (I give inexpensive coins away to kids)
    So, he wants me to pay shipping 8 times when he will send all the coins for LESS than one shipping charge.

Its nothing new to occasionally over pay for shipping, however, its usually never a surprise.
    Any thoughts?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

If he doesn't offer combined shipping then he also can't ship combined. Make sure he sends all 8 coins separately, because that's what you're paying for.

Ed Sims and Mikey Zee like this.
  4. doug5353

doug5353 Well-Known Member

How much money are we talking? He's under no obligation to combine, of course. In the good old days, you could roast him with Feedback, but no longer.

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Send the seller a message. I have done that and they changed it to combined shipping. Maybe the seller never thought he would sell so many coins to one buyer. Does not hurt to try.. you do have some time to pay.

Mikey Zee and Coinchemistry 2012 like this.
  6. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

He has the right to do that. However, I would pay for each coin separately. If you do that, he is supposed to ship each one separately. This is what I do to the guys who refuse to combine shipping fees. You could even wait a day or two in between payments, to make him ship separately or get dinged for not shipping in time. This way he is not getting by ripping you off too bad on shipping fees.

7. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

I would imagine that if the seller does not offer to combine shipping then the seller will ship in multiple packages. If not, and if this is an ebay purchase, then the seller is in line for a negative on each transaction.

Endeavor and Coinchemistry 2012 like this.
  8. Copper56

Copper56 Active Member

Yes. I am waiting to here from him personally.

paddyman98 likes this.
  9. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Since when could buyers not roast sellers with feedback? It is the other way.

10. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

You say that nowhere does he say that he doesn't combine shipping. The question is "Does he say that he WILL?"

If not, so sorry, Charley. Next customer.

Combined shipping is good customer service. It is not, however, a requirement.

11. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

If the listing doesn't say combined shipping, then he is not obligated to do so, but he is obligated to send you 8 different packages.

12. Copper56

Copper56 Active Member

Not talking a lot of money. $24. Its just that some of the cheap coins that I thought I was including in the order are only worth $4 themselves.

13. Copper56

Copper56 Active Member

Oh, I totally understand the workings here. In my 16 years on ebay and several thousand purchases, I have never encountered a seller that would not have at least discounted 30 or 40 percent.

14. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

I had this happen recently. Bought several items, I refused to pay 7 times shipping, the seller refused to combine shipping, so we ended up canceling the transaction.

Coinchemistry 2012 likes this.
  15. carboni7e

carboni7e aka MonsterCoinz

Leave 1 star on shipping costs. Or leave neutral feedback on each transaction (except one).

16. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

It is eBay, and you are the buyer. It sounds like the ball is in your court.

Endeavor likes this.
  17. Coinchemistry 2012

Neutral? If he shipped them all together, I would neg him 8 times.

Endeavor likes this.
  18. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

You can leave feedback even if you don't complete the transaction. I could have left him 7 negs but I did not. I put myself in his shoes, selling for .99, I know I wouldn't like that.

19. carboni7e

carboni7e aka MonsterCoinz

I think it's a good case for neutral. You would leave a neg if he took your money and never shipped anything... and you would also leave a neg if you received all of the coins for the price in the listing?

Copper56 likes this.
  20. Copper56

Copper56 Active Member

In 16 years on ebay I have never received a negative, and, until last month I had never left a negative. I'm not particularly 'mad' about this, however, I did think I would pay individually.

21. Coinchemistry 2012

In this particular scenario, absolutely. I ask ahead of time so this is usually not an issue for me, but yes. He will shrug off a neutral; a negative will penalize any top rated seller discounts and other perks and will count against him for a year.

Draft saved Draft deleted