Selected CoinTalk ancient-coin threads

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Valentinian, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Valentinian

Valentinian Well-Known Member

Here is a new web page of links to outstanding CoinTalk ancient-coin threads.

http://augustuscoins.com/ed/threads.html

A few days ago there was an excellent thread on “Farnese Hercules” type.

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/a-greek-artistic-masterpiece-on-roman-coins.344521/

I liked it so much I praised the OP author and wrote "I think I am going to make a web page of annotated links to outstanding CT posts like yours and link to it on my main educational page. I'd hate to see it buried on page 2 or higher of CT where few readers would ever see it again."

Well, I did it. I went back through the most recent 100 pages of CT ancients forum threads (2000 threads. Overall right now there are 939 pages and over 18000 threads. I didn't look at them all!). I selected threads I thought might be of greatest interest to other collectors. It turned out to be a few more than 100 threads (about 1 in every 20), which I have loosely categorized. Again:

http://augustuscoins.com/ed/threads.html

Bookmark it and go back at your leisure. It is far to much to read in one session.

I see I selected far more threads related to Roman coins and Roman provincial coins than to Greek coins. I would like to add links to some good threads on Greek coins and coins of other cultures. If you have favorites, private-message me with the thread URL's and I might add them to that page.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Justin Lee

Justin Lee I learn by doing

Wonderful curation of threads, Warren!! It's fun to see them put together in an organized fashion (and very helpful)!

I have a feeling it will be driving more conversation in those threads, which is always a plus!! Thank you for your effort!

4. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Excellent !

Q

5. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Great job Warren. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.

6. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Done!...Thank you very much! :happy::happy::happy:

7. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

This is great work:artist:! I cannot wait to walk down memory lane and read some more of these that I missed. Though, you don't have any of the scintillating "how much is this worth?" and "is this real?" posts:wacky:.
    And it was pretty cool to see your site again. I hadn't been in a while!

Justin Lee and PlanoSteve like this.
  8. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Thank you, Warren! Very nice.

9. Ancient Aussie

Ancient Aussie Well-Known Member

Great idea Warren, all in one place for simplicity and ease of researching. Thanks, great job.

10. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

Thanks Warren. This will help indexing your site and also CT in the eyes of the googlebot. It's also a great resource for a wide variety of coin-collecting folks.

I also see a couple of my threads in there! I'm thankful and flattered. :)

Justin Lee likes this.
  11. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

That page is a great resource, Warren. Thanks for taking the time to put it together!

12. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

very thoughtful of you to do that Warren...i'm sure it will be a great help in the furthering education of and reference to those coins.:)..thank you.

13. Sulla80

Sulla80 Well-Known Member

A nice list - impressive to scroll through and a testament to the many interesting posts on CT.

14. Carl Wilmont

Carl Wilmont Well-Known Member

Well-organized resource!

Draft saved Draft deleted