SEG Project Banknote Seal Designs of 1928-1934, and what I learned along the way.

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Zeplyn, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Zeplyn

Zeplyn Dry Ink Seldom Smears

I would like to present to the SEG Members my small project.

I forgot to put the seal images into the document and tried to delete it but can not. Oh well.
    So here they are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

It's a good start, good luck with your research!!!

4. krispy

krispy krispy

Wow! Great start!!! Very ambitious.

Check out the video in this thread I posted a short while ago:

BEP Historical Resource Center: Video Tour from CSPAN3

Contact with this office may become of significant use if you are really pursuing unique and original information.

5. Zeplyn

Thank you.

I had to post this a little early as I will be engaged with family for the next few weeks.
    There is more to add and I am sorry I did not get t it all just yet.

In the PDF document I say it is my goal to define some diferences. I still have this to do, as well as the collection aspect, so please bear with me.

6. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Good start! Piqued my interest!

7. Zeplyn

I was recently informed by a member here that what I listed as "Legal Tender for Small Size Notes" was not correct.
    It is now on my agenda to contact the publisher of the Guide to U.S. Paper Money and veryify this error. I will be happy to change it once I know the results. I will post accordingly.

And I wanted to let you know I added a little more info to the PDF.

8. connor1

connor1 Collector

Zeplyn,
    I found your presentation very informative read,you did a great job ,thank you for joing our SEG's group .

9. Dr Kegg

Dr Kegg Star Note Fanatic

Great presentation! You touched on all of the major points I am taking about in "The Newbie Institute", but then went in depth. I will be sure to steer people there to this thread. Thanks a lot!

10. Zeplyn

I am not sure why the "New Seal" is the color it is on the PDF document. So I tried to repost and it was the same again. Any ideas?

As mentioned I will add to this project as some time moves forward. It is not yet complete.

Attached Files:

11. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

12. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

Very cool Zeplyn, you're heading in a great direction here. There's already some neat information, and I love seeing all those seals of different colors lined up. Good luck hunting for the details of the colors, I hope you're able to uncover some information!

Dave

13. Zeplyn

Thank you for the nice remarks members.
    I have discoverd some additional information on the green inks used since 1862.
    I will be making an adjustmet to the project in the next few days before I go visit my family.
    I found it very interesting as far as chemical formulation and think you will too.

14. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Draft saved Draft deleted