Seems Legit

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by scotts1, Jul 7, 2018.

1. scotts1

scotts1 Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Sure zero feedback seller, the image looks nothing like the one at PCGS' cert verifier... it's a $900 coin oh and he confuses the word yuan with dollar.

4. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Item location is China.
    Does *NOT* seem legit to me just based on location.

If you spend some time and stroll through Alibaba and look at all the coins that look real, you'll start understanding the swatch of fakes out there even in slabs. Order, buy, get quotes for quantity, etc.

Don't just look at price as you'll get ripped off.

philologus_1 and V. Kurt Bellman like this.
  5. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

I was reading the posts above yours as sarcasm. Seriously, I wish someone would invent a sarcasm font. [SARCASM] .... [/SARCASM] or something code-y would be awesome.

Under $10 with 20 minutes to go. At least no one (yet) seems to be getting fooled. Shoot, bidder(s) might be someone buying to have a fake example to show off. Will be fun to watch the last 20 minutes. Edited to add: reporting on the off chance eBay will notice.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    scotts1 and NOS like this.
  6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Went ahead and reported as copyright/trademark violation (fake PCGS slab), which might stand a better chance of getting attention than the fake-coin flag.

7. Clawcoins

pcgs has many images of the coins they certify. The Trade Dollar in the auction has that "old" finish, but doesn't look like the one on PCGS website.

https://www.pcgs.com/cert/28964210

8. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

9. scotts1

scotts1 Well-Known Member

Looks like the Morgan went for $38 and the trade dollar went for $112. :confused:

10. Clawcoins

11 years ago the Morgan sold for $587

11. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Where's the damn trade tariff for that???

Stevearino likes this.
  12. DVORAK.COIN.SEARCH

DVORAK.COIN.SEARCH New Member

http://coinauthentication.co.uk/newsletter5.html

"Chinese counterfeit U.S.A. silver dollars

Reid Goldsborough has recently added photographs of a further five counterfeit silver dollars from China onto his website. These pieces were bought in local flea markets in China. They were made from a copper/nickel alloy rather than silver and weighed between 18 and 21g.

The Phillipines National Bureau of Investigations have "expressed alarm" over the numbers of fake U.S.A silver dollars in Manilla markets. The advice to American tourists and internet purchasers must be, do not buy silver dollars from asian sources."

Stevearino and philologus_1 like this.
  13. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Everybody in the counterfeiters also missed that the trade dollar was X Newman Green... which certainly would have been on the genuine label

Stevearino likes this.
  14. Dillan

Dillan The sky is the limit !

Draft saved Draft deleted