SECRET SATURNALIA 2021!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by John Anthony, Nov 5, 2021.

1. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

It’s definitely tempting to send something they won’t really expect! One year, a recipient I got seemed to only specialize in one collecting area and since they only posted like once a year, it was difficult to figure out exactly what to get them. I didn’t want to gift them something they might have already had, so I decided to gift them some coins that were different to what they were used to (the recipient seemed to enjoy them :)).

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to (hopefully) finding my SS's gift this weekend.

Alex22 likes this.
  4. Al Kowsky

Al Kowsky Well-Known Member

This morning my chosen Secret Saturnalia gift entered the U.S. Postal System :happy:. I wanted to get this gift off early so it doesn't get bogged-down or lost in the holiday mail milieu ;). Remember, the recipient doesn't have to open the envelope early unless they just can't wait :D. Despite the advances in our mail delivery system, it takes about as long to get a letter today as it did in the "old days" :p.
    Pony express gif.gif
    Mickey Mouse Mailman.png

5. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

I'm still recruiting participants! The deadline is Dec. 1. Get in on the action! :)

Curtisimo and Ryro like this.
  6. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

7. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

I'm browsing my giftee's posts in order to choose the right one for them from several contendants

Hope to have it chosen by the end of the weekend : decisions, decisions.....

Q

8. TIF

TIF Always learning.

My recipient is getting a coin type owned by only two other people in the world :).

9. Spaniard

Spaniard Well-Known Member

Help!.......Is there a way of using the search function to purely pick up threads created by one member?

10. TIF

TIF Always learning.

On the popup, click Profile Page (and hope they don't have it hidden, like yours is ;))
    Click the Postings tab
    Scroll to the bottom and click "Find all threads by (member name)"

Spaniard, Curtisimo and John Anthony like this.
  11. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Paul, click on the person's name, then click on the "Postings" button at the top. Then at the bottom of the page, you can also click "Find all threads by _________"

EDIT: That TIF gal is quick!

12. Spaniard

Thanks @TIF and @John Anthony.......
    ....AAaah! I didn't know!...Sorry but how do I change that status?.....

Curtisimo likes this.
  13. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Click on your user name at the top right of the screen (on a regular computer-- not sure how it looks on a mobile device). Click Privacy. Look at the choices for who may view your person details and adjust as desired.

Spaniard likes this.
  14. Spaniard

Thanks for your help @TIF..I think I've changed it?......When it comes to technology I'm as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike......Paul

CREATIVECRHUNTER, Curtisimo and TIF like this.
  15. TIF

TIF Always learning.

You're welcome and yes, we can now see your profile and search your postings :).

Spaniard likes this.
  16. JayAg47

JayAg47 Well-Known Member

This is my first time participating, I just sent a bunch of coins to the other side of the world a couple of days ago!

17. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I was hoping to get my Saturnalia giftee's coin at the Whitman show today. No dice though. Gotta do some more hunting.

Roman Collector and Curtisimo like this.
  18. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

Just bought my recipient’s coin today :). I enjoyed comparing the coins I was considering and finally choosing one.

19. bcuda

bcuda El Ibérico loco

I will give it another try again this year.
    Last year I had so much fun gifting to someone that truly loved their gift so much that they wrote a long thread about it thanking me. Ryro I would love to have the opportunity to be your giftee this year but I think I am getting into this a little late. Either way I am in.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  20. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

I sent out an enveloppe earlier today. I did that early as it has quite a long way to go and reach my giftee. Fingers crossed for it to arrive safe and sound at destination.

I would like to suggest people to posting just a few words when they get their parcel in the mail, so their Secret Santa know they can stop worrying about it : "I got something from Secret Santa today in the mail" is enough, no detail needed !

:) Q

21. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I was surprised that I received my Secret Saturnalia gift in yesterday's mail. I almost opened it till I realized what it was. I will not open till the 17th, but I am curious. The envelope had numerous Christmas specialty stamps, so I am now more curious than ever.

I haven't mailed mine yet as I am waiting to receive one I picked out for this year. Hopefully it will arrive within the week, so I can forward it on.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    Curtisimo, Ryro, FitzNigel and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted