Secret Saturnalia 2020

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Curtisimo, Nov 4, 2020.

1. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I can’t even send a letter 100 miles without taking a week

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

US mail, at least for me, is running about a week behind what the "delivery date" says in the tracking.

Theodosius likes this.
  4. HAB Peace 28 2.0

HAB Peace 28 2.0 The spiders are as big as the door

The Postman told me Wednesday, that everything outgoing, is running 2-3 days behind.

5. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

My postman told me he is making three round trips a day into night delivering packages.

6. furryfrog02

Our normal daily mail (junk mail), is now not showing up until almost 8pm. It used to be here about 3pm.
    I really hope that the damage done to the USPS by the current administration can be fixed. The mail is one of those things that we, as Americans, should not have to worry about.

7. Al Kowsky

Al Kowsky Well-Known Member

This current postal situation is certainly frustrating :mad:!

Theodosius and furryfrog02 like this.
  8. Al Kowsky

I did receive 2 packages today :happy:, the books I won at the Kolbe Fanning auction & the 2 catalogs for Triton XXIV along with CNG's annual calendar. The package with the tracking number ending in 4838 turned out to be the books from K & F. Still no sign from the Saturnalia Surprise :(. Next week maybe :rolleyes:?

Curtisimo, Theodosius and furryfrog02 like this.
  9. HAB Peace 28 2.0

HAB Peace 28 2.0 The spiders are as big as the door

I’ve received a couple packages in my mailbox at night. Which is extremely unusual for my area.

Curtisimo and Roman Collector like this.
  10. FitzNigel

FitzNigel Medievalist

Saturn has just deposited something on my doorstep... thank you Saturn! I shall open it in 3 days

11. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

Finally got my gift to the post office, paid for 2-Day priority mail which sadly says it should arrive Friday. Saturnalia is more than one day so I don’t feel too bad. The thought is what counts right?

And if my secret Saturn is reading this, no I haven’t gotten a package yet.

12. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

For the gift I bought, the seller didn’t indicate that they were in Canada until after shipping, and did not ship tracked. That was a week ago. I am at the USPS’ mercy.

13. Justin Lee

Justin Lee I learn by doing

I just popped out to the mailbox and I had received a package from a mysterious east coast address that I can only assume is from SS. It shall patiently await 48 hours. :) Thank you in advance to my SS! (I need to hide it lol :beaver: out of sight, out of mind... for now... no, really!)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    Theodosius, ycon, Ryro and 3 others like this.
  14. Raymond Houser

Raymond Houser Active Member

Received my Saturnalia gift. Counting the days while I can open it. Here is a video of a Saturnalia recipe and some history to enjoy till then.

15. furryfrog02

Yet another day of nothing in the mailbox for me. The post office has been good about delivering the junk mail lately but haven't delivered a single package that I have ordered or anything else for that matter for the last two weeks.

Justin Lee likes this.
  16. Al Kowsky

Raymond, That was a great video with an excellent narrator :D! The recipe sounds like something my Sicilian grandmother made during the holiday season :happy:. Even though our families lived in poverty we had our happy moments. The photo below was taken 65 years ago at my grandparents home, it pictures my cousin Joanne, me, & my brother Henry. Notice in the background they lived on a cobblestone road.

Finney St., Rochester, NY.jpg

17. Raymond Houser

Raymond Houser Active Member

There was a story on Google News about the USPS being "gridlocked" by the much higher than expected number of Christmas packages due to Covid-19.

Roman Collector likes this.
  18. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Still nothing in the mailbox today :(

Q

19. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

I have received a Saturnalia package

It looked like I could see wrapping paper under all the tape and outer paper - but I was wrong and ruined the intended surprise.

I don’t mean to be ungrateful but these gifts are supposed to be coin related. I have reluctantly placed the unwrapped gift under the tree.

upload_2020-12-15_17-18-8.jpeg

TheRed, dadams, Curtisimo and 2 others like this.
  20. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Well played – you almost got me. Saturnalia suddenly turned into April 1.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  21. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I'm so excited. Tomorrow begins Saturnalia.

Alegandron, Theodosius, Ryro and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted