Secret Saturnalia 2020

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Curtisimo, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Io_Saturnalia.jpg
    Well everyone it is that time of year again... Baby-Eating Roman-God Drink a lot Day. Better known as Saturnalia! As you know this holiday wouldn't be complete without the annual CT Secret Saturnalia gift exchange. I organized the festivities last year and figured I might as well do so again this year.

Some Rules and Guidelines and Instructions and Such

• Send me a private message with your name and address
    • After a number of people have sent PMs I will begin pairing up and I will respond to your message with the name and address of the person you will be sending a gift to.
    • The pairings will be random and anonymous.
    • The cutoff date for entry will be Dec. 4, 2020.
    • Saturnalia officially starts on Dec. 17 so try to get your gift out in a timely manner. This will be especially important with COVID-19 related shipping delays.
    • If you are willing to ship internationally please let me know in your PM.
    • Please restrict yourself to gifting ancient and medieval coins. The US forum usually has a SS of their own if you are interested in that.
    • Please post a photo of your gift to this thread after you have opened it.
    • To enter you must have at least 100 posts on the forum. The exchange goes more smoothly if the participants are active members. However, I don't want to completely disregard the possibility that an active / new member hasn't reached 100 posts yet. If you don't have 100 posts but really want to participate, send me a PM and we can talk.
    In the past I believe there has not been much success with setting spend guidelines so I am not going to attempt to do so this year. Gift what you feel is appropriate as long as it is ancient or medieval coin related. To anyone worried about this from a gift giving perspective I will just point out that a coin does not have to be expensive to be interesting, especially if thoughtfully chosen by the giver.

Also, I will make sure that anyone who participates gets a gift. Send me a PM if you don't receive your gift by Christmas. This includes anyone from last year that never received a gift as well.

Alright well that is enough out of me... let's have some fun. Io Saturnalia!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

I had a whole bunch of fun doing this last year and I am excited to partake again!

Everett Guy, Theodosius and Curtisimo like this.
  4. FitzNigel

FitzNigel Medievalist

Io Saturnalia!! PM incoming!

5. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

Thanks for hosting this again! PM will be sent soon!

6. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Yes, thanks to @Curtisimo for taking this on again. Much appreciated.

7. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for organizing this, @Curtisimo ! I'm in and just sent you a PM.

Everett Guy, Curtisimo and Theodosius like this.
  8. Theodosius

Theodosius Fine Style Seeker

Thank you for organizing this Curtis.

SS has always been one of the best coin talk ancients events. I have already bought a potential gift coin this year.

I am in and sending you a PM.

John

Everett Guy, Curtisimo and Orielensis like this.
  9. Al Kowsky

Al Kowsky Well-Known Member

Curtis, U DA MAN :happy:. I'll send you info later.

10. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

I have been participating for many years now, and wouldn't miss it this year.
    Secret Saturnalia is the most saturnalian thing in this fricken world

I'm in !!
    Q

11. Shea19

Shea19 Well-Known Member

Thanks for stepping up and running this again! Looking forward to it.

12. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

Sounds good. I'll probably participate if I can find a coin that I want to give away. Thanks for setting this up @Curtisimo

Everett Guy and Curtisimo like this.
  13. TheRed

TheRed Well-Known Member

Awesome @Curtisimo thanks for taking on this responsibility! This is one of my favorite events on the forum. PM will be sent.

Everett Guy, Theodosius and Curtisimo like this.
  14. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I will make the first set of pairings this weekend for everyone that has sent me a PM so far. I'll be responding via PM so let me know if you sent me a PM and haven't heard anything back by Monday.

15. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

Ah my favorite time of year. I can’t wait to eat some babies!

PM incoming!

16. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

I am going to give this thread a little bump to the front page in case any of our regulars missed it so far. I'll be making the first set of pairing and getting in touch with everyone tomorrow.

To our international friends... don't be shy we have had plenty of folks say they are willing to ship overseas.

Io Saturnalia!

Everett Guy, Ryro, Clavdivs and 2 others like this.
  17. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Okay everyone the first round of pairings are complete and everyone who sent me a PM should have heard back from me by now.

If you sent me a PM and haven't heard back please follow up with me via PM or respond to this thread. Io Saturnalia!

18. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

Thank you so much, @Curtisimo, for doing this again! It's one of the highlights of the coin talk year!

Justin Lee, Everett Guy and Curtisimo like this.
  19. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

I'm totally geeked to the max at who I got!
    f5622af71facfd7cf652544ad1bf1b5a.gif
    Thanks so much for putting these on @Curtisimo ...
    tenor-31.gif

20. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

Bump
    My giftees implements of ancient beauty arrive tomorrow or the next day!:woot::wideyed::)

21. Everett Guy

Everett Guy Well-Known Member

This is my first one. I am excited to participate and its great to learn about how it started.

Draft saved Draft deleted