Secret Saturnalia 2018

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by John Anthony, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Justin Lee

Justin Lee I learn by doing

I've made my purchase this past week and am waiting for it to be temporarily delivered into my hands on the way to their's.
    I get anxious about that too! Like others, I've had to do a little sleuthing and immense consideration as to what they would find novel yet interesting. Though I'd suspect most/all participants would be appreciative of whatever coin they find Saturn drops in their post box.

Johnnie Black and Cucumbor like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Count me in!

However, I assure you, if I got nekkid here, the partay would be instantly over, and everyone would grab burning sticks from the fire to gouge their own eyes out with.

So I'll retain my toga. You're welcome.

4. Theodosius

Theodosius Fine Style Seeker

My gift is on its way!

It took some searching and thinking to select. Hope I picked the right one. :)

John

Deacon Ray likes this.
  5. Aethelred

Aethelred The Old Dead King

I had a great time with this last year, so count me in again.

And thank you @John Anthony for hosting it again.

Deacon Ray likes this.
  6. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

The mystery on the receiving end is part of the excitement. :)

7. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

I did it the wrong way last year (my first time). I announced who I was in the gift package and there was no mystery. I'll definitely do it differently this year. :singing:

Johnnie Black likes this.
  8. Johnnie Black

Johnnie Black Neither Gentleman Nor Scholar

I’m in for the first time. It’s a little intimidating I hope I don’t disappoint. Looks like some nice gifts have been exchanged in the past.

SeptimusT and Deacon Ray like this.
  9. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

Same here. I wouldn’t want to give everyone snow blindness from my (lack of sunshine) whiteness. ;)

TypeCoin971793 likes this.
  10. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

I'm in for the 4th (maybe 5th) time. Even though there were not always in my collecting fields, I've always been blown away by everything I recieved : the gesture alone is tremendous !

Of course I always hope my giftees are pleased too

As for hiding who I am, when they get an enveloppe from France, I doubt my giftees have hard time guessing :)

Q

lordmarcovan, Johnnie Black and Orfew like this.
  11. lrbguy

lrbguy Well-Known Member

I'll be honest and admit I sat on the fence too long last year. Late to the party I ended up getting paired with someone whose name I didn't recognize and who rarely posts here. Turns out they're more active in other parts of CT. Might be different if the pairing really is random. Not sure. I wanna be in it for the friendship.

12. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

Went to the post office today. Mine is en route to the recipient. This will be fun!

13. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

Mine are en-route to their recipients! :)

14. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

I received mine today, and my giftes coin has been sent already.

15. jcm

jcm Active Member

First time doing this in the ancients group. Mine is going to the post office next week. Did an "around the world mix" of coins which I think is nice.

Deacon Ray likes this.
  16. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

I sent mine out today.

Roman Collector likes this.
  17. Cucumbor

I have one yet to be delivered, I hope sending next Week :)

Q

18. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I've already got most of my package put together, though I do not yet know who my recipient will be. I have a book about a certain Roman emperor which looks pretty interesting. Now I just bought a coin of that emperor from @Ken Dorney, so it'll be a dual book and coin thing from me this year. But I'm still looking for a few other fun things to put in the package.

Nice to feel a little bit "ahead of the curve", for once.

Justin Lee, Deacon Ray and Theodosius like this.
  19. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Hey friends, I have 6 new participants, thank you for joining. I will wait until the end of the day and then make assignments.

20. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

I am going home for the thanksgiving holiday and the annual "black friday" show is small but hope to find something interesting to send.
    Like Q I don't think I can hide my identity I believe I'm the only member in Kansas.
    Last year I was paired with Sallent who figured it out with no help from me.

Justin Lee and Deacon Ray like this.
  21. Cucumbor

The letter to my giftee has been postofficed earlier this afternoon. Hope it can swim enough to cross the big water !!!

Q

Justin Lee and Deacon Ray like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted