Secret Santa

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Cazkaboom, Nov 18, 2012.

1. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

I'm actually reading the posts of mine to see what they tend to like and go that route. Purchased, just waiting to recieve and then send along. By the way, are we going to reveal in the end who got who or will it be forever known as that "Secret Santa" who sent me this awesome coin?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

dime, if you're curious for yourself, the person you sent to is the one sending back to you. So no mystery there. If you want to say who you exchanged with, then I don't think there's any harm

4. bigjpst

bigjpst Well-Known Member

Thanks for handling all the gory details Caz. Package is on it's way to my recipient!

5. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Obviously you have missed all of Detecto's woeful threads of joblessness. He could give me a secret Santy gift and go and find gainful employment and sustain the job for more than a couple of days. Now THAT would make me a happy Grinch.

6. rockyyaknow

rockyyaknow Well-Known Member

Too late to do this?! I would like to participate. I'll send out the package tomorrow.

7. mikenoodle

you know what...

sometimes people are out of work and desperately trying to find a job. Judge him if you want, but until the shoe is on the other foot, there but for the grace of God go you.

I participated and I lost my job last month as well.

It's not easy finding work. Almost 8% of Americans currently are. It's a little easier on one's psyche when people aren't bashing you for it.

Feel some compassion, and lay off the guy for God's sakes! If not just to be generous in the spirit of the season.

8. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

+1 noodle. I do not envy the person who has the job of finding a job.

9. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Just as an FYI, that will not work Mike. Cannyn has built it in the process that the person you are sending it to is not the person who will be sending you the gift. He said if that is the outcome of the draw, he will re-draw that slot.

10. RiverGuy

RiverGuy Tired and Retired

Just back from the Post Office. Mine is on its way to a close neighbor state here in the snowy Rocky Mountains.

Merry Christmas!!!

11. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Mine is in the hands of the USPS as of today....

12. mikenoodle

wow, I didn't know that. I like it better that way.

BTW, Mine was shipped today.

13. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Actually, I took precautions to be sure this doesn't happen. :devil:

14. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

Mine went out today!

15. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

I just got back from putting mine in the mail stream. It's headed across country!

16. mikenoodle

hmmmm.... I wonder who my Santa is?

17. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I was a little late getting home from a road trip last night and couldn't get to the post office this morning. My package will ship on Monday.

18. goldmember

goldmember Junior Member

I got mine out on Saturday morning. It should get there by Wed according to USPS. I hope he likes it. One comment I would make is that I wish I had gotten his user name so I knew who he was on here. I think that would make it easier to send him something he was interested in. Anyway, I am happy that we keep doing this every year. Nobody else in my family is interested in coins (and I tell my wife NOT to buy me any for fear that I will get a shiny gold-plated buffalo), so this allows me to give and get coins for Christmas.

19. mikenoodle

I know who mine is. All it took was a little detective work

20. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

Mike, I just wanted to say I'm your secret Santa, and have everyone else say the same. Just so you're not so sure!

;)
    Lucy

21. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

Mine arrived today.
    Trying to restrain meself from opening it. We'll see how long I make it.

Draft saved Draft deleted