Secret Santa 2017 Sign-up

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Kirkuleez, Oct 28, 2017.

1. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

I can’t wait to see when my giftee posts that they’ve received my gift!

I swear it sounds cliched, but I really like the giving part best!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

4. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

Mine will be en route tomorrow.
    Never enough time during the holiday season!

5. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Mine will be hitting the mail tomorrow afternoon.

spirityoda likes this.
  6. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

Dropped mine in the mail today.

7. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

According to the bride, one of the gifts I ordered came in yesterday, but still waiting on two more. I have to trust in her this year to do my Santa delivery. I had to leave for work the day after I got my gifties address, and won't get back until a couple days before Christmas. Hopefully it all works out.

8. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Mine should be going out in the morning....

9. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

10. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

This is only my second year being a part of SS, and neither of my gifty's have been easy. I am only hoping that I make my decision in time for delivery before Christmas. Lots of cool coins sitting on my desk right now.:)

LaCointessa, Seattlite86 and Kasia like this.
  11. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Same boat, but thankfully even around the holidays I've had good shipping speeds with priority mail small flat rate boxes.

jwitten likes this.
  12. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

I’ll ship mine out tomorrow or else it was mailed out on Monday and recipient should have it already or maybe in a few days or so. I had to scour past posts but think I identified something that is preferred in at least one aspect and yet, in another critical sense is different from what the receiver normally collects, except there are several posts that indicate a long term attraction and extremely close teetering all around the edges without being able to jump in. I decided to give this person a tiny SHOVE-

Get IN there!!

Gosh, I hope the getter will not hate it.

edited to change around the shipping info so that if recipient comes to announce receipt or figure out who sent it she/he won’t have the real info. Mmooooohhahahaa

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    lordmarcovan, Seattlite86 and Kasia like this.
  13. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

No doubt you give good gift @Pickin and Grinin! :)

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  14. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

By tomorrow I will have sent out mine. Not saying that it has not already been sent.

[​IMG]

15. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Shipped mine out today!!!

16. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I'm actually surprised at all the people saying when they sent it. Given a two or three day delivery time it seems like it would allow the recipient a good chance to figure out the identity of Santa.

jwitten likes this.
  17. wgpjr

wgpjr Collector

Received my SS gift today and as per the course, I have NO patience when it comes to numismatics. It appears my Secret Santa knew what I liked as I received 4 silver Ikes! I am a big fan of Ikes. I think they are under appreciated but can understand why most avoid them. I like the big coin feel of them, so I'm always happy to get more. Now truth be told, I really don't have many silver Ikes. I have quite a few of clad but just 1, maybe 2, silver/clads so this present was a real treat!

As shown, received:
    A card
    1971 S in capsule
    1972 S in PCGS MS67
    1972 S in PCGS PR69DCAM
    1971 S proof in it's original "faux" wood box.

Thank you SS!!

Side note, my gift went out today. My post office told me the address did not exist in the system so I had to pull up google earth. I'll have to keep my eye on the tracking on that one and make sure they don't mess up that shipment.

Attached Files:

• ss.jpg
      ss.jpg
      File size:
      209 KB
      Views:
    jj00, C-B-D, Seattlite86 and 15 others like this.
  18. SilverMike

SilverMike Well-Known Member

Nice gift! I only have one silver Ike - they are nice coins IMHO.

19. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

No worries. I don't do 'secret', my gift here, and the Ancient Forum one, are signed with my name.

20. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

I had all mine be 'secret'. I figured one out because I remembered two of the members here mention the town it was posted from in years previous as being where they were from or went to h.s. or something. One of the two had signed up as SS.

21. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

I remember you figuring it out 2 years ago, Kasia, at least I was pretty sure you had. Didn’t bother me though. I don’t mind if someone is smart enough to figure it out. ;)

But you never called me out on it, so I wasn’t sure you had until your last post.

Seattlite86 and LaCointessa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted