Secret Santa 2017 Sign-up

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Kirkuleez, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Yet you gave your name and addy to Kirk, by pm'ing him under your user name so he could randomly give it to someone else. How secret do you want it???

[​IMG]

spirityoda and Kirkuleez like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

The secret is only for the recipient of the gift.

Blissskr, Nathan401 and jwitten like this.
  4. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

5. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

1) Secret: don't put your name, just your return address.
    2) Top Secret: (If you really want to roll the dice) don't put a return address at all

Top Secret with a dash of Paranoia: do #2 with tracking

micbraun likes this.
  6. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

This is how secret santa's ALWAYS work. The secret is that you don't know who got the present for you. If you want to not know who you are giving it to as well, just leave a couple collectible coins on a sidewalk somewhere.

jj00, kSigSteve, C-B-D and 3 others like this.
  7. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Question: how will you know who to thank for your gift if you dont know the members real name?

8. Kasia

solution - pm @Kirkuleez and let him know you don't want your SS to know they got you... that just the a pseudonym addy is all that's needed. And to pair you up with someone else who wants the same. Or something. Kirk I am sure will deal with what you want.

9. Kasia

??? You thank Santa.

10. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Wrong. We will get our information in a PM from @Kirkuleez . He will be the only one other than ourselves who will know who we gift to and who will gift to us. The names and address will be confidential, not shared in this thread.

Nathan401 and Kasia like this.
  11. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Clearly you didn't understand my post. We always get both the username and the address of whoever our secret santa giftee is. I never said or even hinted at that anything ever gets shared in the thread.

jwitten likes this.
  12. jwitten

I think they meant here, as in cointalk, from him, in a pm. The important part of that message was we get the USERNAME, as one member didn't think we did.

Jaelus, Nathan401 and Blissskr like this.
  13. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I don't tell who your Santa is, if they want to out themselves that's up to them. Some Santas just prefer to remain anonymous unless you are able to figure out who they are.

My sincere apologies for the delay in getting the rest of you your recipients information. I royally screwed up my spreadsheet and somehow missed a bunch of members (about 20) who signed up. I think I put them in then closed it without saving it one day. I've been going through all of the PMs sent to me to make sure that I haven't missed anyone all morning. I will start sending out the rest of the recipients information as soon as I am sure that I didn't forget anyone, and hopefully this evening anyone who has yet to receive their information will. It is very important to me that nobody gets left out. If you have already received your recipients information, it will not change.

Seattlite86, Smojo, Nathan401 and 8 others like this.
  14. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Guess I did ,sorry, and Merry Christmas:)

Blissskr likes this.
  15. kSigSteve

kSigSteve Active Member

I just wanted to stop and say THANK YOU AGAIN Kirk for hosting this.

I don’t think some understand the work that goes into executing this and to do it every year spite all the bickering and complaining.

Be humble. Send a gift. Post a pic of yours when you receive it. It is that simple-end of story. Merry Christmas.

spirityoda, Mad Stax, Rassi and 5 others like this.
  16. BlackBeard_Thatch

BlackBeard_Thatch Captain of the Queen Anne's Revenge

Remember to post when you have gotten your package so your Santa knows it arrived!

17. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Thanks again, Kirk. Can’t wait for the fun!

18. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

No PM received yet. Please don’t forget the folks outside of the US. Thanks!

19. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

20. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

21. jwitten

Me too! Time to start shopping.

Draft saved Draft deleted