Secret Santa 2016 Sign up

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kirkuleez, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Well put!

jtlee321 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a 'YN' on the forums one time who turned out to be some 30+ year old man? Can't remember if that was here or another forum

Amos 811 likes this.
  4. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I remember Dectecto (Tim) got a YN membership with the ANA :blackeye:

Blissskr and Amos 811 like this.
  5. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

All this time and still my recipient can't post what he received.... at least I know he got it. Kinda (language) though

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2017
    Amos 811 likes this.
  6. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Before any of you ask, no this is not trick photography, the coin is simply this spectacular. I always feel a little strange sending out my name to my Santa, so I always ask them if they would prefer another recipient. This year, my Santa asked me what I wanted and I said that a nice rusty steel cent would be plenty. Really, I don't expect much, you guys just decided to overwhelm me this year with all of the gifts. This one may just take the taco though; the famous partial 9-4-dot steel cent from our buddy @Kentucky. Please don't contact me about selling it, this one is being placed in the permanent family collection and is not for sale at any price, sorry.

43 o-horz.jpg

Of course he also sent me this really beautiful Maria Theresa thaler as well. You're too kind Carl, thank you very much.

CoinTalk 2016 Kentucky.jpg

I am working on posting a bunch of other coins that were sent to me this year tonight, so stay tuned. And if you haven't posted yours yet, please do so as soon as you can, there are a bunch of Santas on the edges of their seats waiting to see if you enjoyed what they sent to you.

7. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Well who doesn't love beautiful certified silver coins? This Rossie was set to me by @Brett_in_Sacto. A lovely PCGS MS-64 has high luster and subtle peripheral rim toning on the obverse, but I can't seem to capture it at all with my lousy photography skills. I'm pretty bad with raw coins, but slabs, well i just don't understand how you guys do it. Thank you Brett, awful kind of you to send this to me, thank you very very much.

64 o-horz.jpg

8. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

there should be a check off list to make sure everyone gave and received a gift. at least acknowledge that you received your gift. some people like me are waiting to get their gift photographed.

Amos 811 likes this.
  9. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I was hoping that some others would post some images as well, but that's alright, I'll keep going...

It's not too often that I learn anything new or surprising about modern US coins, but this was something that I never realized. The SMS sets were minted in San Francisco and don't have a mintmark denoting it. Am I the only one just realizing this? I am really half tempted to cut this one open to show how nice these coins are, but I think that I will leave it intact. They can leave a bit to be desired in terms of quality sometimes, but this lovely 1965 set must have been minted on mostly fresh dies. The nickle, dime and quarter all have nice proof-like surfaces and the half and cent round the set out quite nicely. Thank you for your generosity and for the addition to my numismatic knowledge @Blissskr.

65 SMS O-vert.jpg

10. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Don't worry, I have a list of the naughty boys and girls.

11. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

good to know.

12. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Here are a couple of silver coins sent to me by @BigTee44. The first is this lovely 1949-D Roosevelt dime with nice old album toning. I'm pretty sure that he broke into my safe to see which one I needed since the one in my album is curiously lacking tone compared to the rest of them. This will help bring that collection together quite nicely. I'm keeping my eye on you Tom...

The second is this nice 1952 quarter which looks so nice in hand. Thank you for your kind gifts Tom.
    49 o-tile.jpg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  13. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

that looks like a 1949-D to me lol typo ?

Kirkuleez likes this.
  14. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I still have a couple of others to post, but I thought that you guys would like to see them all under my tree. I wasn't even planning on getting a tree this year, but I needed a place to put all of your kind gifts. IMG_2136.JPG

15. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Who ya foolin' Kirk......that's a danged air freshener......Most clever. :)

SapphireSilver and Kirkuleez like this.
  16. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

They probably said the same thing about each and every generation. Just remember that kids don't raise themselves. Their actions are learned/taught from their environment (parents and society).

Dave Waterstraat and Kentucky like this.
  17. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

Oh believe me, I know. I just left it short, because a child is only as good as the parent that raises them. I'm making sure mine respect adults and treat everyone they meet with kindness. They are my loved ones and not my buddies.

Seattlite86 and Dave Waterstraat like this.
  18. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Veeery nice Christmas treety! :hilarious:

spirityoda and Kirkuleez like this.
  19. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

+1 :)

20. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

That settles it... Kurt wins the Best Tree award! :hilarious:

green18, Kirkuleez and chrisild like this.
  21. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

I'm hoping to have my camera functional this evening for pics of my token... the tether is giving me fits...

Draft saved Draft deleted