Secret Santa 2015 - The Real One :)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kirkuleez, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

That's your choice. I try to remain anonymous, but I don't think that it ever really works.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I hope you give my name to Hugh! LOL.

micbraun and Mainebill like this.
  4. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

secret is secret not oh let me tell you who i am

5. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Oops. Then I made a mistake....

I just want to take a moment to thank Kirk for pulling this all together. Well Done!

green18 and Kirkuleez like this.
  6. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Worked just fine in my case. Thanks, Kirk!

Christian

Kirkuleez likes this.
  7. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I got my gift!! I travel a lot during the holidays (plus I am terrible at waiting!), so I opened it today! Please excuse the less than stellar pics. Here is what I got:

Gordian III of Nicaea, Bithynia. 238-244 AD. Reverse shows Military Standards. As some of you may know, I have been picking up a few graded ancients lately.. and this is my first raw one! Might have to send her in to get graded ;) (just kidding!)
    jw1.jpg jw2.jpg
    I love the details on this next one!
    jw3.jpg jw4.jpg
    1750 Russian Denga. Probably my favorite of the bunch. I love the design and feel of this. Very cool coin!
    jw5.jpg jw6.jpg
    I love the obverse design of this next coin, and the size and weight of it!
    jw7.jpg jw8.jpg

Thank you whoever you are secret santa! I mainly have US coins in my collection, and I honestly have not even heard about most of these. Some of the designs are really unique, and I love them!

8. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Wow that's some terrible will power you have there @jwitten. Love it.

9. jwitten

I knew I wouldn't be able to wait, so had my mind made up already even before it arrived, haha

10. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

I have taken part every year, and nobody has been able to figure out the gifts came from me yet.

I also have used someone else's address every year, so that has kind of helped.

I sent mine today and I hope that my recipient appreciates it and that it fits into their collection.

Jwt708 likes this.
  11. jwitten

I think I might have a guess as to who my santa is. Is that part of the game??? I have been researching everyone heavily today, haha!

12. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Go on and guess if you want, but I kind of doubt that you will be able to nail this one down.

13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Shoot 'Witten. I bet you were peeking at stuff (around this time of year) when you were a kid.........:)

14. jwitten

I have been known to unwrap gifts carefully, take a peek, and re-wrap them. My bedroom was next to the living room, so I would also run out to see what "Santa" brought up from the basement each trip up the stairs, then I would hurry back to bed when I heard them coming back up. Once I heard them going back down, I would go look again to see the new treasures. haha

Amos 811, green18 and rooman9 like this.
  15. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

Got my person the other day.

16. bigjpst

bigjpst Well-Known Member

Shipped out a gift today.

17. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

I researched my person and from what I found I'm avoiding their areas of interest because anything I sent would pale in comparison to what they have.

18. jwitten

I am still waiting for one purchase to arrive before I ship mine out. I purchased it for me, but it will go well with this gift. No, it is not the MS65 toned $2 1/2, sorry. I am out of town until Tuesday, so that is the EARLIEST mine will ship.

19. jwitten

And I have to say, this is harder than I thought it would be. I would love the gift I am sending, but do not know if the receiver will as much.

20. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Trust me, they'll love it........:)

21. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

Very cool Jwitten, you just open the flood gates..:) awesome coins and i'm pretty sure i know who sent them,my lips are sealed.;)

jwitten likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted