Secret Santa 2015 - The Real One :)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kirkuleez, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Hello Folks of CoinTalk

This year is the fifth annual Secret Santa Exchange and is the second time that I will be hosting, so please review the rules they will be changing slightly.

The ancient forum is doing their own exchange again this year, but please don't let being an ancient collector stop you from participating with us. Last year I received a really cool ancient from our friend Bing, and it has opened my eyes to a whole other world that I largely ignored previously.

The ancient Secret Santa thread: https://www.cointalk.com/threads/ancient-secret-santa-2015.270396/

Here are the rules:
    1. You must have at least 200 posts to participate (exceptions may be made for a few newer members at my discretion based on your participation here at CT). If you are a little short of 200 posts and would like to participate, please send me a PM.
    2. The gift must be numismatic.
    3. Please use $15 as the target gift value (If you want to go higher, that is up to you)
    4. If you would like to participate, PM me your mailing address as soon as possible.
    5. Deadline for entry is Saturday, December 5 and I should be able to get your recipients address to you that same weekend.
    6. I reserve the right to deny somebody the privilege to play if I do not trust them

The selection procedure that was established by Cannyn and used for the last four years will change somewhat in an effort to get your recipients address to you quicker. I plan to send out addresses of the participants that have signed each week instead of waiting until the end and getting delayed sending out messages to the eighty something that have signed up at the last minute. I just didn't expect the large number last year and it caused me to be slow getting the info out and in turn caused gifts to arrive late.
    • Each Saturday until the deadline, I will randomly draw a name of someone who signed up that week and match them to you.
    • It is very unlikely that you will be sending gifts to your Santa, but it can happen
    • If the name and member match, I will throw them back in and draw again so nobody gets themselves.
    • A few of you asked to send gifts to a particular person last year; if you guys are friends or otherwise just want to exchange with each other, please let me know this with your entry.
    • Please do not ask me to let you choose your own Santa just because you like the gifts that they give. This is going to be done randomly and as fairly as possible.
    BY ENTERING THIS, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
    1. You ship out your item to your item to your fellow CT member as soon as you can, or at least with plenty of time for it to reach its destination a few days before Christmas.
    2. When you receive your gift, acknowledge that it has arrived on this thread - or PM your Santa if you know who they are and would prefer to do it that way.
    3. This rule is important. When you open your gift, post images on this thread. I know of a few members who went waaay out of their way to send out a nice gift, and their recipients have never even acknowledged getting them. It has happened to one of my favorite members the last few years and it just seems rude and discourages them from participating again.

You Send/receive gifts
    You Open
    You enjoy, thank, and boast on CoinTalk
    Thread dies off eventually
    Another exchange opens up next year

If the gift comes early, as a challenge try to restrain your excitement of wanting to tear it open and wait until Christmas. Please take the time to post what you received from your "secret" Santa and thank them for their generosity. This also lets your Santa know that you gift has not been lost in the mail.

The post count has gone up this year because there seems to be a grinch every year who does not appreciate their gift. The idea is not to win here, it is the spirit of exchanging small gifts with our little community. If you don't like your gift or feel shortchanged, please remember that many of our members are young and/or broke and are giving the best gift that they can in the spirit of the holidays. Please do not go public in an effort to humiliate them because you are more likely going to humiliate yourself. Please see previous Secret Santa threads for examples. By and large though, this has been great fun for many of us, and it even brought me back last year after a bit of a hiatus.

About gift selection; you can either find out what your recipient collects, or just send them something totally random. It seems that coin collectors just like coin related items, and will appreciate anything that you send.

I'm sorry, but this will be open to US residents only unless a few volunteers sign up to ship internationally.

If you want to participate, please send me a PM with you name and address. If you participated last year, I have your address unless you have moved, but please confirm your details so that I don't screw anything up too bad.

Just saying that you are in on the thread does not get you in, you must send me a PM.

Sorry for all of the rules and such, but the more people that we have happy on Christmas, the more that will join the following year. Last year we had eighty two members participate and I would like to see us break 100 this year.

Happy Holidays and SIGN UP!

Santa-secret-bag.gif
    Thanks for the gif @McBlzr.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

I'm in, and will gladly ship internationally.

Pm sent.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    micbraun likes this.
  4. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

5. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

Just sent you a PM.

6. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I'm IN ! PM sent.

Looking forward to a Great Ride ;)

Santa_on_a_Reindeer.gif

BATTERup646 likes this.
  7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

You know I'm in Kirk........:) PM coming up.

8. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

I'm in PM being sent now.

9. bigjpst

bigjpst Well-Known Member

Sign me up!

10. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing what people get, I was reading the 2014 one today and was wondering when this one would start.

11. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

12. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Let's do it.

13. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Sent pm earlier I'm in

Amos 811 likes this.
  14. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I'm in!!! This will be fun. I missed it last year.

15. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

I'm in and PM sent :)

16. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I'm in. PM coming.

17. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

PM sent. Thanks for heading this up again this year.

18. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Good start, we already have twenty signed up.

19. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

I'm in... PM on the way.

20. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

Ahhh its that time of the year again!:D

21. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I'm in! PM forthcoming.

Draft saved Draft deleted