Ancient Secret Santa 2015

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Eng, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

Hi all,

I want to get an idea how many what to do a Ancient Secret Santa, last year was the first and went pretty good. i see the Modern Folks are starting earlyer do to shipping. we have folks all over the World so a earlyer start would be helpful.
    If you want to do it again or would like to join in please do. maybe a few could tell Us about last years Holiday Cheer!!! after we get an idea how many would be interested.if you want to be involved please let Us know and we will set it up.

Eng.:)

Ancient Secret Santa... post your Ancient Santa's..
    search.jpg 7Dpbw9B94FgGpt2Yz3KzGnw6a5bN8M.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

is it time for byzanticlaus again!?

[​IMG]

i'm in!

thanks for organizing ENG, i had fun with last years ancient and world SS.

4. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

I was thinking a few days ago of asking if we were going to do this again this year in the 2014 thread but thought it might be taken as too early. I'm down for it again this year.

Will you be organizing SS again Eng or will we need someone to volunteer?

5. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

I'm going to try to get a well known member to do it, he already has the names and addresses of many of us, but he is a busy Man..:)

Ancientnoob likes this.
  6. Ancientnoob

Ancientnoob Money Changer

ArdashirItetC2.jpg

HO HO HO!!! I'm in.

7. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

+1. Last year was a blast.

Ancientnoob likes this.
  8. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

I have dibs on AJ..:D

Alegandron and stevex6 like this.
  9. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

H e y! Not fair.

Eng likes this.
  10. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

Sure sounds fun :D

11. ancientcoinguru

ancientcoinguru Well-Known Member

Could someone explain this? Are we trading coins?

Actually, I just read last year's rules, sounds like fun, I'm in! What's the gift limit (dollar value)?

Do we attribute the gift, or leave that as part of the fun for the recipient?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  12. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

Yeah, it was fun... I'm in :).

image.jpeg

13. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

This is the thread we had for the ancients-only Secret Santa that Eng kindly organised last year:
    https://www.cointalk.com/threads/secret-santa.256115/

I don't think there was a fixed gift limit, but from page 5 of that thread onward you start to see the coins received being posted. You get a rough of the value of gifts exchanged. I think that worked, but whoever is organising this year may redefine the rules, so stay tuned!

14. ancientcoinguru

ancientcoinguru Well-Known Member

Since we are an ancients group, would it be more appropriate to call this Secret Saturnalia?

I know, kind of lame :meh::bucktooth: but I still like it!:playful:

Mikey Zee, TIF, Jwt708 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

I don't know what it consists in (don't remember last year's) but it sure sounds fun, I'm in

Q

16. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Are there rules about who can participate? I would like to join. In fact, I can even do domestic or international shipping.

17. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

As long as someone can ship to Australia

18. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Hi folks. John has asked me to undertake the Secret Santa affairs this year and I've agreed. It makes sense, since I seem to have become the ringleader of coin trading on this forum with my private auctions.

So if you'd like to participate, PM me your mailing address and I'll organize the thing - I'll let you know who you're sending a coin to, then the rest will be up to you. This WAS a lot of fun last year, so let's do it again!

19. TIF

TIF Always learning.

20. John Anthony

Let's do this: you can sign up with me for the Secret Santa exchange through Friday, November 27. After that it's done. That gives everyone plenty of time to sign up, and plenty of time to select a coin for their giftee.

Whatever you choose to send your giftee is entirely up to you, but since this is the ancients forum, let's keep it ancient. There are other SS exchanges going on between the collectors of moderns.

I will obviously recuse myself, as I'm not going to PM someone and tell them they need to send me a gift. I'll just be the emcee.

21. John Anthony

I love it! Secret Saturnalia it is!

Btw, I'm at the Baltimore show all day today, so I won't be returning any PM's until later tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    Mikey Zee likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted