Second Look At Possible error Nickel

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by abuckmaster147, Oct 12, 2017.

1. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

I figured I would repost my Nickel from last winter, I was told road rash!!On obverse ,
    And a few other things no error. I do not have it in hand for better picks its packed away somewhere. And I am hoping Fred or someone with Knowledge may be able to shed light on it. I Know There Is PMD , Ok Seems I posted reverse first. It ts quite crisp in hand Lots of pmd BUT! From Monticello down Notice doubling in Monticello.
    Then about in the word states on there are all kinds of Non pmd going on missing parts of lettering Just a lot going on in hand.
    Ok lets go to Obverse The mushiness!!! The double forehead? The Rim? Now I am up for suggestions? One side is crisp with pmd marks and other side is like mush! If not some kind of error How do you think this happened. I know Grease filled maybe on some letters on reverse. But I think there may be more.I know its not worth much over a nickel. That is not my point and I will not argue about road rash, LOL just still trying to learn more. even after reading most posts and stuff for last 7 years or so.
    TY JON

17097436_1472897412742904_8294645869684740508_o.jpg nickle.jpg 17097477_1472897396076239_317844958494273633_o.jpg nickel.jpg

paddyman98 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

4. Fred Weinberg

Fred Weinberg Well-Known Member

Rick got it right -
    the obv. has been struck thru a
    very late stage, thinning die cap.

Nice error find from circulation.

By the way, the reverse is normal -
    lots of bag marks/contact marks, that's all.

5. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted