Search engine find-Czeslaw Slania

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by connor1, May 15, 2010.

1. connor1

connor1 Collector

I was just search engine (www.dogpile.com) surfing on Banknote Engravings and came across to this engraver Czeslaw Slania who was a very prolific engraver of banknotes & Stamps and movie stars but thought worth checking out this link http://www.slaniastamps-heindorffhus.com/
    He has engraved some beautiful vignettes ,you never know what you may find on the dogpile :eat: :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Great link Bob!! Our you thinking of buying some of these for your
    Collection??

4. connor1

connor1 Collector

I have a few world notes and really don't know to much about them ,I use to collect stamps 40+ years ago from all around the world mostly US/Canada/Vatican/England & The United Nation & Israel still have the Harris stamp book ,(half the countries don't exist anymore) but I have seen some of those stamps but I'm collecting Paper US mostly now and vignettes.So for now I'm staying with US Banknotes/MPC/Fractional/Vignettes .:)
    I should get that Harris Stamp Book out & see what their worth after all these years!.

5. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

From 1985 up until last year there was a Slania Study Group which issued a quarterly journal dedicated entirely to the work of this engraver. It's called "Close-up" and as it happens I just finished scanning the entire series for the stamp library of which I'm a member. (http://www.nwpl.org/)

If anyone is interested, send me a private message with your address and I'll send you a disk with all the journals.

Slania (pronounced "Shwania") was probably the most prolific and arguably the best modern engraver until his death in 2005. He did stamps, banknotes, labels, art prints...quite an amazing body of work.

Roman Harmel likes this.
  6. Roman Harmel

Roman Harmel New Member

I found your posting about Slania and Close-Up thru a "google" search.
    I do collect stamps engraved by Slania and would very much like
    to obtain a copy of your scanned issues of Close-Up.
    I am willing to reimburse your cost.
    My address is:

NOT SMART TO POST YOUR ADDRESS

Thanks,
    rjharmel

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
  7. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Roman..
    It is not such a good idea to post your address on-line.. I would edit it out.

Our Friend Bob Connor past away a few years ago.

RickieB

8. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Roman, I will message you with the details.

Draft saved Draft deleted