SCANDAL: The true size of Sallent's collection

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Sallent, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Severus Alexander

Severus Alexander find me at NumisForums

Yup, a link to my website is in my signature below, the company is called Ancient & Medieval Coins Canada. (I finally grew tired of waiting for someone else to do it! ;)) The auctions will be on biddr.ch, my favourite platform. However biddr just did an update and I see the signup specifically tied to AMCC auctions isn't there any more! :eek: In the meantime you can let me know you want to sign up here: https://www.amcoinscanada.com/contact-us/ . (Or just send me PM on CoinTalk.)

Back to the matter at hand, though, I see evidence that the OP photo is at least ten years old. (That's what cell phone photos were like ten years ago, right?) Who knows how many coins Sallent might have now? Maybe none!! If the photo is recent I demand to see its birth certificate.

TJC, Johndakerftw, TIF and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

@Severus Alexander Oh no, now I have a cell phone photo birther controversy. How on Earth do I manage to get myself involved in these things? :eek:

There is one way to remedy this. If you would like to see nice crisp pictures, please donate iPhone 10XS or Samsung Note 9 to me and I'll gladly take a sharp photo for you. :rolleyes::D

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Severus Alexander likes this.
  4. Severus Alexander

Oh, c'mon:
    1) fake video (I quote from the article: "How do you record a fake video? One method is to use a camera on a tripod. This makes the background stationary so that some fake video effects can easily be added")
    and
    2) edited EXIF data.
    That birth certificate is so fake even Slabs-R-Us wouldn't touch it.

:p

5. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

6. Sallent

YouTube took down my video for "violating terms of service" because I titled it "Cointalk's birther drama". The censorship is ridiculous these days.

TJC, TheRed, Johndakerftw and 4 others like this.
  7. Severus Alexander

No, they took it down because it is FAKE!

:D

TJC and Sallent like this.
  8. Severus Alexander

But getting serious. I would love to see a high quality photo of that spread of coins, I really would. I will save up for a phone for you.

Here's my coin pile photo. (Real coins, real photos, fake pile though.)
    coin pile.jpg

TJC, Deacon Ray, TheRed and 7 others like this.
  9. Sallent

I'll see about taking another photo later, perhaps in daylight. That may yield better results.

Severus Alexander likes this.
  10. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

Counselor Sallent—is it true that you found most of your coins with a metal detector in the state of Florida? If so, does this mean that Florida was discovered by the ancient Romans?

Florida-Orlando-Universal-Citywalk-Hard-Rock-Cafe-1440x969.jpg
    Evidence of ancient Roman settlement in Florida

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted