Scam alert hahahahhaahhaahha

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kaosleeroy108, Jul 8, 2018.

1. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Okay I am not too big on running around looking for scams but I love it when they send me the stuff in the mail. Now I ain't want to say that I'm perfect at buying stuff but butbut even if you're willing to pay$59 forfor something that is only worth twenty bucks maybe 22.50 you like throwing away your $$$$$$.. by the 40th treasurer of the United sState s..lol

Attached Files:

BlackBeard_Thatch and bhh like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kaosleeroy108

I laugh cause people might actually fall for this b.s.

bhh likes this.
  4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Yep. And sad thing is... Desperate folks fall for these sorts of scams every day.

5. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

Yeah don't get scammed trying to buy from out of state. On their website they sell all the state bars for $59. The $100 bills they make in silver are the better buy. The bars actually have the value on them. $100. But, you only have to pay $99.

Kentucky likes this.
  6. gronnh20

AL_silverbills.jpg
    Only $99.

Monstermommy likes this.
  7. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

I like this line:
    State minimum mandated by the federated mint. :jimlad:

Act fast, because the phones are ringing off the hook:troll:

8. kaosleeroy108

9. gronnh20

No, they are only a troy ounce. I just found it funny they would sell the same one ounce of silver in a bar resembling the $100 FRN. Then sell it for $99.

10. ToppCatt

ToppCatt ToppCatt

That would make it a bargain, right?

11. APX78

APX78 Well-Known Member

It is sad to see this.

12. BlackBeard_Thatch

BlackBeard_Thatch Captain of the Queen Anne's Revenge

My anti-virus does not trip often but when it does, it's probably for a good reason
    [​IMG]

Clawcoins and Monstermommy like this.
  13. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

US currency selling for below face value? - Yeah, baby!

fmv36.jpg

14. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

I guess Federal Pensions aren't what they used to be. I wonder what she got to prostitute her name and former title?

15. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Not just desperate folks, but every day folks too........ones that either think they're gonna make a bundle off of such an offering, or who are preparing for the Apocalypse and subsequent rapture. Forgive them.........it'll teach 'em a lesson.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  16. juris klavins

Clawcoins and green18 like this.
  17. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

thomas mozzillo and Numinaut like this.
  18. TONYBRONX

TONYBRONX Well-Known Member

Don't get Van Damed!

19. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

I have been to coin auctions where idiots are consistently buying 1 ounce silver rounds at 50 to 60 bucks. Insane.

20. Gregg

Gregg Monster Toning

I have 'scam bias' on eBay.

What I mean is that if ads contain the following elements they get ignored because I consider them to be scams. Please note: These may not be scams but in my tiny world they are scams and they get a hard pass.

#1 Black Background: Often these morons display the coin at an angle with what must be a military grade spotlight on it. These guys probably wear a welder's helmet when taking the pictures. I don't take these ads seriously.
    Capture.JPG

#2 Ridiculous Descriptions: I cannot decide if this coin is Brilliant Uncirculated, Gem Uncirculated, or MS66. I know the seller is excited about this coin but it is a common date in a very common grade. I get tired just reading the description - so tired that I have no energy to push the 'Buy It Now' button.
    Capture.JPG

#3: Rare: If you use the word 'Rare' to describe any Peace Dollar then I'm not going to read the rest of your ad. There are no 'Rare' Peace Dollars. (There are over 1,100 1928 Peace Dollars for sale on eBay right now. There is no definition of 'Rare' that covers that).

Capture.JPG

#4: Estate Coins
    The mythology behind these ads is that some guy was rooting through a chest of garbage at an estate sale and found some old coins that no dealer has had a chance to evaluate. These are the same guys who post ads for 'Original Rolls' (original mixed date, no less) or 'Unsearched Rolls'. If you use the word 'Estate' in your ad I scroll right past it as you've demonstrated that you're dishonest and like to fill your ads with totally irrelevant information. The idea that 'estate' establishes some kind of is provenance terminally stupid.

Capture.JPG

To me all of these ads read like your newspaper ad.
    It is all nonsense.

21. juris klavins

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted