SCALLOPED COINS LIKED OR NOT LIKED?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by MrOrganic, Aug 27, 2015.

1. MrOrganic

MrOrganic Senior Member

It was not long ago I started buying Scalloped coins for my own collection and to sell at shows. I find the odd-shaped coins such as Scalloped or Fan Shaped pretty cool.

I have a few pics to share. So are the Scalloped Shaped coins Liked or Not Liked? What is your opinion?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I look forward to your messages!

Rob

chrsmat71, medjoy, NOS and 1 other person like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

I don't personally collect ultra-modern coins, but I am also a fan of the odd shaped ones. Older square, hexagon, octagon, etc shaped pieces. Such a high % of older coins are round that it's always nice to have a bit of variety. :)

MrOrganic likes this.
  4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I like them. they are different. I have a small "different sided" coin collection. I started off with 3 sided- 12-sided and included some scalloped coins. I do not have pictures of them now. I have that scarce 5-sided Fiji coin.

MrOrganic and medjoy like this.
  5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I have a Turkey 1 kurus scalloped coin. pics later.

MrOrganic likes this.
  6. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Personnaly, I'm not a huge fan of non-round coins. But its your collection - buy what you like!

7. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Since I am not really into collector coins (pieces designed and produced especially for collectors) and focus on modern pieces, most of what I have is round. After all, machines seem to prefer such coins. :) However, I find coins interesting that are "basically but not really" round - such as the British 50 pence piece, or (here in the euro area) the 20 cent piece.

[​IMG]

The former is technically called an equilaterally curved heptagon, i.e. the diameter is always be the same. The latter is a Spanish flower, i.e. a round shape indented seven times.
    [​IMG]
    Christian

MrOrganic likes this.
  8. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly, as long as they're circulation coins and not just oddities created for collectors. I have a number of interesting scalloped and square coins in my British Empire collection.

Numismat likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted