saurmasche Medieval coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by saltysam-1, Dec 16, 2015.

1. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Why when you click on any internet link referencing this subject, it is blocked without explanation? I'm trying to research coin 3917 and nothing is available. I'm sure my lack of knowledge in this area, shows.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jj00

jj00 Well-Known Member

4. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I found some information that said it was site protected by "robots.txt", a program to stop search engines from accessing the URL. Perhaps the site has become private? The information I found also said, the blocking could be navigated around by going through a third party link. I'll see if I can save your link to my "favorites". Your link did get me through to the home page but I haven't tried searching inside the site yet. Thanks for your help.

5. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

saltysam-1 likes this.
  6. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I was able to get to the site and search out the information I needed. Both links worked for me. I have them in my favorite list and hope they are usable permanently. Thanks to you both. :>)

7. jj00

jj00 Well-Known Member

Glad it worked out for you @saltysam-1 , online sites can be a great resource but a real pain when they switch hosts & block search engine bots.

saltysam-1 likes this.
  8. dltsrq

dltsrq Grumpy Old Man

Draft saved Draft deleted