Santiago 1807-FJ 4 Reales

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Derick, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Hi, I always get good advise here in regards to Colonial Spain Reales. Please look at this Santiago specimen and your opinion please.

Santiago 1807 -FJ 4 reales o.jpg Santiago 1807 -FJ 4 reales r.jpg

Numismat likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Looks good. Very nice example

4. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

I tend to agree. I cannot see a problem as such. Slightly pricey at 600 US.

5. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

I think it may be a bit pricey, considering you can't read ultra.

6. Eduard

Eduard Supporter**

It is a good example, and in about VF+. Maybe a little better.
    I do agree, though, it is expensive for the date considering 1807 is one of the most common dates for Santiago mint 4 reales.

7. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

OK, will let it go. It is just so unfortunate that I have to pay premiums on Chilean coins in the country just because it is so difficult to get them through customs from abroad.

8. Eduard

Eduard Supporter**

Yes, I was thinking about that, too.
    I wish there was a way for you to obtain them outside of the country without too much hassle and extra cost.
    If it is any consolation, if I buy them in the US german customs charges me 19% imprt duty.
    If I buy them in Spain, they are subject to government approval for export of 'Items of cultural Heritage' - That takes 2-3 months just to approve......

9. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

That suck. The newest thing in Chile is deliberate mistakes (higher values like an extra 0 in some cases) on the commercial invoice conversion from e.g. Dollars to Pesos with subsequent tax implications. Mostly blamed on the English thing. Then it takes a person say two weeks to sort it out, but then customs charge storage fees on top of the tax of 25% over 30 US. One can note that very little eBay sellers ship to Chile. I have less issues from and to Germany for some reason. I must be the only guy on this site who has never bought a coin of eBay. I bought most of my coins during traveling and via work consultants that comes to Chile for short periods. It is such frustrating thing!!

Draft saved Draft deleted