Same obv die 12 years

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Derick, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

You think these two coins were struck with same obv die 12 years apart? Other years I have between do not have particular die cracks.

KM 151.3 Chile 1908 20 centavos rev.JPG KM 151.3 Chile 1908 20 centavos obv.JPG

KM 151.3 Chile 1920 20 centavos rev.JPG KM 151.3 Chile 1920 20 centavos obv.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Sorry, Derick, but those cracks are not identical and came from different dies. I can see at least 3 things that are different on the two cracks that run through the rock. See if you can find them.

Chris

4. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

It seems there are more cracks on the 1920 due to wear, but the big crack running above the engraver name seems very close.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Close, as in "horseshoes or hand grenades", is not good enough. Examine them closely and you will see they came from different dies.

Chris

6. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

No not the same die

7. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Thanx. Close but no cigar.

8. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

US Wheat cent are one coin much like Chile coinage.
    1909-1930-PDS both obv and rev but only date+mint mark change some die are known to be. Used 1-2 year that was the 1922-D/Plain.that is one I can think of without going to the books +reading more. I maybe wrong but I am Not a expert just a collecter like U

Draft saved Draft deleted