Same coin 2 Different sellers on eBay

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by yossi schnitzer, Apr 25, 2018.

1. I had a few moments to waste and used them on eBay and look what i have found:

3D18cbd498b36f4e0a856db48ef1e0d0f2%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D191149303051%26itm%3D202258835166&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

%3D2750a9dcf8194dd89bd011a839155a74%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D173201738528%26itm%3D191149303051&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

Those 2 are the same coins for sure. I have opened them in different windows side by side and refreshed between them and they are the same coins.
    also both are from Lille, France, but the seller are different.
    should it be reported? or should it be left alone and Caveat emptor?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I'm not able to open either link.

ominus1 likes this.
  4. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

same

5. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

6. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

It's the same dealer.

Few french coins I got came from them.

7. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

I've bought from them . . . yes they are both one and the same.

ominus1 likes this.
  8. Gavin Richardson

Gavin Richardson Well-Known Member

Isn't Numiscorner a kind of dealer aggregator, sort of like VCoins? For example, you will see the same coin listed in Marc Breitsprecher's standalone shop and his VCoins shop. I wonder if something similar happens here with Numiscorner dealers on eBay. But this is just speculation.

9. lrbguy

lrbguy Well-Known Member

Numiscorner sells under that name on Vcoins and eBay, but also under the name cdma on eBay, sometimes the same coin simultaneously in more than one currency.

They price things high, but tend to have interesting ancients.

Gavin Richardson and Quant.Geek like this.
  10. Ken Dorney

Ken Dorney Yea, I'm Cool That Way...

No. At least not on VCoins. They are not well liked on that platform.

11. Quant.Geek

Quant.Geek Well-Known Member

They have some really nice coins, but overprice them to a point where their inventory just stagnates. They don't seem to negotiate with their prices either. Too bad, as they have some coins I wouldn't mind owning....

randygeki, ominus1, red_spork and 2 others like this.
  12. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Does eBay allow a person to have more than one id?

I thought this was an eBay no-no

13. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

I am more annoyed with breizh.antiques.5 listing modern medals in the ancient section on ebay.:mad:

14. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

i've seen the same pic of a coin before with the same seller on 2 listings.. but it's an exception rather than a rule.. mistakes happen. idk about this deal...i think a seller can end a listing early for whatever reason and i've saw that happen too.

15. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Numiscorner is the new name of CDMA.
    Yes they tend to be pricey

Q

16. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

So someone should buy them both and see what happens! Interesting that they are listed for different prices.

17. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Doesn’t the same item listed twice not to mention multiple usernames violate eBay policy?

18. dadams

dadams Well-Known Member

As I understand Comptoir des Monnaies is the French company and NumisCorner is their "International" brand - they have a number of B&M stores around France.

I bought a medallic item from them in December 2017 and had no complaints - I did negotiate their asking price down, but still paid a handsome sum.

Arrived very quickly and their presentation was stunning:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    -----

[​IMG]

19. That was exectally my thought and why i opened this post. should it be reported to eBay or is it common practice with sellers/stores?

Draft saved Draft deleted