Sale Price Of A Pan Pacific Dollar

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by BlackBeard_Thatch, Jul 8, 2018.

1. BlackBeard_Thatch

BlackBeard_Thatch Captain of the Queen Anne's Revenge

I was watching this on E-Bay and I am flabbergasted at the sale price!

Sold for $212.50 with $3.50 shipping!

I searched sold auction results and this is even two times less than a NGC graded MS-63! The coin looks great and no obverse damage is seen(yes I know the sellers pictures arn't all that great but NGC's are better) compared to NGC which declared it damaged. This and other gold commems are selling way lower than NGC, PCGS and Redbook are pricing them at, is this normal for "non highly collected coins" even details coins which show no obvious signs of damage? I know people are very picky about their coins but I even think this would be a great crack out candidate to see if it could grade straight.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/302793866106?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l10137

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I don't think so the damage will never be acceptable.

4. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

I would be weary about that coin. I would like to find one in an ms63 grade, not damaged.

5. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Depends upon why you want to collect it.

The 1915s are on my list to get more, but the prices are a bit too much for me to swallow (balance between melt and numismatics). They normally seem to have a lot of premium attached to them (especially the $2-1/2 piece).

6. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

I love the coin design with the dude and the hat. I also love early commems

7. How about an upgrade in our terminology, folks? If I recall correctly, isn't that dude as you call him more specifically wearing a phrygian cap? A little class shouldn't hurt us, even if we're mostly third-class. LOL.

Draft saved Draft deleted