Saint Gaudens Double Eagle!!

Discussion in 'Auction Listings' started by rightcoastsurf, Jun 14, 2006.

1. rightcoastsurf

rightcoastsurf New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

The bidding sure isn't going too good---if I liked this type of coin I would be bidding for sure.
    I think just the gold in it is worth about $500.....I don't know if you can pull an item or not but a dealer would give you a better price....
    Here are some reasons I think people might not be bidding....

The coin is raw
    You list the PCGS price guide---everyone know that the PCGS price guide is hyped and not really a good one.
    There is no insurance offered
    There is no return offered

Sorry I don't collect these coins :D

Speedy

4. rightcoastsurf

i can pull it as long as it has more than 12 hours on it. crap, i cannot beleive i did not get more. this annoys me greatly!

5. Speedy

Dag gone it---the one really shot up there.....

Speedy

6. rightcoastsurf

yea it sure did. ill just leave em on, what the hell. worst comes to worst ill have my buddy win it so i don thave to sell it if it gets too low.

7. Speedy

just don't let E-bay know that a buddie would be bidding on it so you wouldn't have to sell it or they could kick you off.

Speedy

8. rightcoastsurf

not planning on telling ebay that. but, yea, im hoping they get to at least 600 each. that would be superb.

9. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

Well, you got your "superb". Makes me wonder on your remarks about ever bidding on one of your auctions though I am sorry to say. My theory is I put it out there and whatever happens, happens. I recently sold some 64 kennedys, and some mint sets and lost money on them. One mint set went for less then face value. But thats a chance you take when you auction. Just my opinion. I guess maybe the conversation above should of been in a PM?

10. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

Simple solution to that kind of thing... put a reserve on it or set the starting bid higher if there's a price below which you wouldn't want to sell it. Of course the downside to that is it will lower how many bids you get.