Saint Gauden 1914 ~ Need Help Grading

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by VirginiaMan, Feb 24, 2017.

1. VirginiaMan

VirginiaMan Member

Thanks, all - I did receive an email from NGC that the would not down grade to simple 63. Crossover would be at same (they too have "+" grade) or higher. If they don't agree with the "+" I will receive if back in PCGS original holder. That said, I'm sending it off to NGC .....Like I sais; I really do prefer NGC holders over PCGS. You 'all have a great day.

imrich likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Not true.

micbraun likes this.
  4. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Of course they have PLUS grades. When submitting PCGS coins for CrossOver service, you have a couple of options:
    - crossover at same grade/higher (default)
    - specified minimum grade
    - cross at any grade (except details)
    - details (incl. details grades)

See https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/1335/

I am still not quite sure why you're doing it, but I guess you like gambling? ;-)

baseball21 likes this.
  5. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

Thank you for offering of contrary anecdotal evidence, as I hadn't found anyone who submits individual Double Eagles to more than one TPG. Your deposition may be valued in the future. I'd appreciate a PM of your findings which may reduce some comparative efforts. I've 5 certified (4 different types, and 1 key) being sent shortly through varying submitters. I wouldn't want to duplicate anothers efforts, so your input would probably be of value.

JMHO

6. baseball21

You drew conclusions that you tell others over a sample size of 5? While were at it though can you ever just respond like a normal person? You try to hard to sound superior in your nonsense typing

7. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

"While WE'RE at it", It appears that "You try TOO hard to sound" inferior in your seemingly blabbering unsupported responses. I stated: "It has been my experience", and your response was "NOT TRUE".

I simply requested your private message/response of supported evidence to your contrarian understanding of my experience, especially if you've a larger sampling than 5 diverse Double Eagle specimens (i.e. Type I, II, III, St. Gaudens, and a "key" date/mint).

I believe my congenial request was beyond your capacity to fathom/understand! I may be in error? Enough Said, as I recognize this may be your "playground"!

JMHO

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  8. Rheingold

Rheingold Well-Known Member

@VirginiaMan

Please show us your new NGC slab, would like to see this lovely coin again regraded.;)

9. VirginiaMan

VirginiaMan Member

Sorry, Rhiengold .... not sure what you are referring to.

10. Rheingold

Ok, didn't you sent your 1914 Saint to NGC?
    Just wonder how they grade your coin.

11. VirginiaMan

VirginiaMan Member

NGC would not crossover - "friction" was their reasoning.

12. Rheingold

Thanks, sorry to hear that.
    Nice coin btw.......

13. baseball21

They did you a favor value wise

coinsareus10 likes this.
  14. VirginiaMan

VirginiaMan Member

Why is that?

15. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Because NGC is likely closer to the actual truth, meaning the coin is $1000 less valuable outside the slab in which it currently resides.

16. VirginiaMan

VirginiaMan Member

Thanks - That's a very interesting observation and opinion. It will now reside in the PCGS holder.......forever! Thanks all

17. baseball21

Because NGC gold is far less liquid overall unless it is bullion value.

18. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

It bears mentioning that there's no guarantee I'm correct. It may well be a genuine MS63 coin. However, it_does present symptoms which could be construed as "rub" or light wear, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the coin come back AU58 if cracked and submitted raw.

It has a very nice unmolested look, regardless of grade.

19. Looks like an ms-62 all the way. :)

20. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

I prefer to send my raw gold to NGC as they almost always seem to give higher grades than does PCGS.

Draft saved Draft deleted