Saflip paper inserts

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mark240590, Feb 8, 2015.

1. mark240590

mark240590 Rule Britannia !

Hi, I've decided all new coins are going into saflips from now on. I haven't got any inserts yet for the coin details but have a few that come with coins in the past on perforated paper. My question is:

Is there a file for Microsoft word or pages that I can use to print the details of my coins onto these 2x2 inserts ?
    And do I need a special printer or will my HP all in one be ok ? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

I use Word Perfect, but Words works as well.

But print on regular paper.

Just set up boxes.

4. mark240590

I can live with that I guess not too much of a problem with the cutting. I'll have a bit of a look into it like

5. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Hmm...all the saflips I've purchased came with precut paper which seemed impossible to print on. I purchased mine from vcoins and they also came with a box. (By the way, this seems to be the best place to buy Saflips from. You get 100 flips, paper, and a box for $18.75 + shipping and for me, about $4 of shipping has always been refunded).

swamp yankee likes this.
  6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I use a Brother P-Touch label printer. You can purchase rolls of varying label sizes (width x length). Whenever I needed a label for a Saflip insert, I printed it with "center alignment" and then just folded the label over to the back side of the insert.

Chris

7. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

The easiest way for me is to use Excel. You can adjust the height and width to fit the Saflip. It should be 1.75 width and height. The hardest part would be cutting it neatly.

8. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that paper contains sulfur unless it's archival quality.
    Some inks in printers contain sulfur too.

So unless your sealing the coin separate from the paper, your placing the coin in an environment that will tone the coin.

micbraun likes this.
  9. silverfool

silverfool Active Member

I use the Brother P-touch for most all my labels also. nice neat look.

10. mark240590

Yeah, On the UNC coins ill be sealing them anyway but on some of the older more used coins im ok.

Which models of the Brother P-Touch do you guys use ?

11. mark240590

Heres an attempt I had with just the printer, granted the cutting isn't great but I quite like it ! I have an impulse sealer on order as we speak specifically for this coin ha ! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423556509.711512.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423556519.128542.jpg

Kasia likes this.
  12. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Just throwing it out there...since you're recording what you paid you should consider adding the date you purchased it.

13. jcm

jcm Active Member

I have a MS Word file I use for all my labels, it has lines so I can just cut along them. 20 per sheet. Anyone who wants it pm me and I'll e-mail it to you.
    If you have a food saver that'll seal flips, too.

14. mark240590

I've messaged you :)

15. halvessearcher

halvessearcher Active Member

I had a problem with that paper toning my coins recently. Mostly bullion issue ase's. Didn't seem to affect my morgan dollars. The toning was only at the top of the coin where the coin was close to the paper or even touching in a few cases. I promptly went through all of my coins and removed the paper from whatever ones had it in the flips. Lesson learned.

16. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I don't know...Think I would have been happy with some toned ASEs :D

17. halvessearcher

halvessearcher Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted