Sacagawea Dollar no date

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by eaglecoin, Jun 13, 2010.

1. grizz

grizz numismatist

...and the retailers can't use them without the banks ordering them from

the feds. it's a frustrating scenario. :goof:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

But if you stop making the dollar note, the retailer will only have two choices, hand out dollar coins in change, or handfuls of quarters.

4. manomanlyo

manomanlyo New Member

i got me one right here i found today, ill post a pic if i can figure it out sacagewea gold dollar no mint or date.JPG

5. manomanlyo

manomanlyo New Member

it has a little glare but the date is NOT there

6. Lincoln Cents

Lincoln Cents Cents not pennies

The date should be on the lettered edge.

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Is it a Sacagawea dollar or a Native American dollar? The Sac $ has a "soaring eagle" reverse design, and the NA $ changes the reverse design every year and has the date/mm on the edge instead of on the obverse.

Chris

8. Danr

Danr Numismatist

if the edge lettering is missing it is worth a lot of money

9. djheartless22

djheartless22 New Member

gold dollar with no date

i have a gold dollar with out a date and i dont see any letters on the side even with a magnify glass IMG_20120723_000818.jpg IMG_20120723_000831.jpg

10. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

No. They stopped minting them when they began minting the 2011 Sacagawea Dollar.

mac266 and chicken man like this.
  11. ska69

ska69 Member

Zing!

12. DryTech

DryTech New Member

I found a Sacagawea coin with no date or mint mark ? Can anyone help on this?

13. Sullysullinburg

Sullysullinburg Well-Known Member

Read the previous posts. It's most likely on the edge.

mac266 likes this.
  14. Knowble

Knowble New Member

I have three of these undated Sacagawea coins, nothing on the edge, and the reverse sides are different, too. One side has trees getting planted, the other says 1621 Wampanoag Treaty, the other says 'Great Law of Peace' with six arrows.

15. Knowble

Knowble New Member

I have three of these undated Sacagawea coins, nothing on the edge, and the reverse sides are different, too. One side has trees getting planted, the other says 1621 Wampanoag Treaty, the other says 'Great Law of Peace' with six arrows.

16. chicken man

chicken man Doesn't have a clue.

If you buy metro-north or MTA tickets from a machine in NYC or surrounding areas, and pay cash, you ALWAYS get dollar coins for change.

17. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I took a bunch of them when I went to the FUN show in January, used them for tips and small purchases.

18. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Most likely the date/mint mark just wore off. Check on http://www.smalldollars.com/dollar/page50.html to see which year yours if from.

19. Acsimbeck

Acsimbeck New Member

I found a sacagawea coin legitimately without a date or a mint mark. Its not on the edge either. Does anyone know anything about this?

Attached Files:

20. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

Yes and no and it depend on the bank you go to.

21. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Not sure if yours is an error (no edge lettering) or just wear, but the date and mint should be on the edge - that design was from 2010.

Draft saved Draft deleted