S.B.A. Quest

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Mark Muskovich, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Mark Muskovich

Mark Muskovich New Member

Does anyone know of a reputable source for graded Susan B. Anthony dollars? I have been trying to find a 1980-s PCGS of MS-66 or higher for about a year to finish a complete set of coins. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

I would simply continue the search. Not a very popular series, so probably harder to track down. The fun is in the chase. Once you buy it you will likely feel let down.

If it helps, its a lot easier than in ancients. I am still looking for a few coins now for over a decade at nearly ANY grade. :) The longer you search, the more satisfying the acquisition.

spirityoda likes this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Be patient and keep looking. I need 2 more coins to complete a set myself. I've been looking for those 2 coins for about 5 years now. I can't find the coin in the grade I want at a decent price. The right coin will pop up one day bug you've got to exercise patience.

5. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

A quick search confirmed to me what you are finding. If you use Heritage you could look at old sales and see if there are any that you can make an offer to the current owner on. I have sold stuff that way in the past.

6. Dima

Dima Member

I was able to complete a PCGS SBA proof set via eBay in about 2 months and relatively cheaply a few years ago. There's plenty of them out on eBay; just need to be bit patient to find the right one. I've also seen a few of them on Heritage as well, but they tend to be PR70s.

7. Keyman64

Keyman64 Well-Known Member

Contact Justin at monstercoinmart

http://monstercoinmart.com/Contact_Us.html

This is Mitch's (Wondercoin on the PCGS forums) son. The website is not updated with pretty photos and prices etc but if it is something modern that you want in high grade, contact Justin.

8. AmishJedi

AmishJedi Well-Known Member

Check out 1980-S PCGS SUSAN B ANTHONY DOLLAR Graded PR70DCAM PCGS # 99592.70/36469350
    https://ebay.us/pw5saV

Oops: think you are wanting UNC/MS and not a proof. My apologies.

Draft saved Draft deleted