RPM Submission what do I do?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by SorenCoins, Jul 29, 2019.

1. SorenCoins

SorenCoins Well-Known Member

I have found a 1983-D dime Im fairly confident has an RPM, but because Wexler has not completed his section for Roosevelt dime RPMs I cannot submit it, as per his attribution guidelines. I checked on VarietyVista.com but at $10 a coin, it's not really affordable for a 15 year old, especially if I'm wrong. I could just put it in a 2x2 mylar and write "RPM unlisted," but I do think it would be cool if it was a new variety. Any suggestions?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pete Apple

Pete Apple Well-Known Member

Since you do not want to risk $ without the assurance of a likely listing, why not post the coin here for confirmation that it is what you think?

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

You can post it here and let us let you know what we think if it's worth sending in or not.

John Burgess and SorenCoins like this.
  5. SorenCoins

Thanks, photos are attached. I apologize for the mintmark being the opposite way, but I imaged it through a microscope which does that, if needed I can see if it's possible to flip it to the correct orientation. Do you also see the split lower serif of the D?

Thanks, and all comments are appreciated.

IMG_4316.JPG IMG_4317.JPG IMG_4325.JPG IMG_4326.JPG

6. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Those first two look like a colonoscopy. Need to be clear. And, posting here and getting confirmation has been good enough for me. Mark on the 2x2 and sock it away.

7. SorenCoins

Point well taken. I'll get better picture haha. Alright thanks.

8. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

Even if it was and I'm pretty sure it is not a rpm the coin is very circulated and probably wouldn't be worth anything other than a personal keepsake.

SorenCoins likes this.
  9. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

The MM looks interesting. I just think it is only that. I'd like to direct your attention to the date. See the twisting and fattening of the numbers.
    That is what Die deterioration looks like on a clad dime.
    Coins like this that an inhand decision cannot be made, it is best to put it in a flip and search more, learn, read and then return to your collected coins.

SorenCoins likes this.
  10. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Just to let you know clad coinage is nothing like a Silver strike. The die deteriorates very quickly. It starts at the perimeter and starts moving towards the center. The clad coinage is a different animal combine that with a low relief design and the wear happens much earlier in the die state.

11. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

I mean no disrespect to the OP; the lighting makes it look like President Roosevelt has a mustache! I swear in 1983 I had one just like it!

SorenCoins likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted