Royal Canadian Mint Issues

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by HawkeEye, May 12, 2017.

1. HawkeEye

HawkeEye 1881-O VAMmer

I am curious about the experience of others with the Canadian Mint. I have never purchased anything there until the past few months and I am more than disappointed. The first order has now been delayed almost three months and the only information I can get is that they don't actually make the coin, just resell it and their supplier is behind. My second order was a gift for my granddaughter and it has gone no better. This item is in stock but I cannot get it shipped nor can anyone explain why.

Then there is their computer system. It took a month to ask about getting the second order on my account. The first order never has shown up even though if I call they have all the records and just accept that their system is somewhat antiquated. I have no idea if I will ever see these purchases.

Am I caught in some Twilight Zone or do others experience these type delays? Based on my experience I would never recommend a purchase. With the US Mint I get straightforward answers and they don't remarket products from others.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

It sounds very unsatisfactory.
    I have never bought from them.

4. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I've bought a few issues and they do normally take a while to ship.

Draft saved Draft deleted