rough week for the USPS

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bkozak33, Feb 19, 2015.

1. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

Not sure if its the cold weather or what, but I got two cases opened today for packages delivered damaged, opened and one without contents, and one with some contents missing. Also my mail was delivered to my neighbor today. Nice job USPS! cant wait to find out what else will go wrong today.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

I sent a package Priority Mail, took 8 days to reach destination. At least it got there intact. Sorry for your loss, did you have them insured?

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I get my neighbor's mail almost every day! My delivery people are horrible. Also, somewhat of a side note - When did USPS delivery people stop wearing uniforms?

jay4202472000 likes this.
  5. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

No I'm self insured. They were not expensive items, so Its not a big deal, just annoying

6. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

NOS likes this.
  7. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I got my neighbors heart meds not too long ago. I delivered it to him in person.

8. sshafer11

sshafer11 Head Research Assistant - Coin Show Radio

They are HORRIBLE lately. Had a time sensitive package get lost and take 8 days to reach a location that was an hour and half away, and also had one get stuck in a loop processing error and arrived 2 weeks late. Both of these happened within the last couple weeks

9. chromerunner

chromerunner ******

Sorry for the lost packages. That always is a bummer. I had a expensive braclet go off the grid for 1-1.5 weeks....went in all kinds of crazy directions before finally making it to AZ.....even sent it registered. Mine was in the last month also. Still better than fed ex though

10. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

I belive those are temporary employees. After 90 days if USPS wants to keep them, they're hired as regulars and get the uniforms. Or at least that's how it used to work.

NOS likes this.
  11. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Thanks. One of the "temporary employees" flicks his cigarette butts near my mail box almost every day. Hate that guy.

cash4coin likes this.
  12. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I've been waiting for a package from NGC for a week. I know that is typical for registered mail, but the tracking has not been updated since it departed Sarasota last Thursday.

13. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Save them all up. Put them in a package and give them back at Christmas time. I think he'll get the message.

longnine009 likes this.
  14. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Same happened to me last package from ANAC's. Left Co. and didn't show up again in tracking until it hit Albany, N.Y. FedEx.

15. newcoinguy

newcoinguy Member

Don't get me started on USPS or UPS for that matter

16. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

I have a package stuck in customs since the 10th. Have a feeling it wont arrive to me. >(

17. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

All week I've been having issues with them also. They first failed to deliver two boxes from Amazon that were supposed to be delivered on Sunday via the new Amazon Sunday delivery and guaranteed for Prime shipping. Figured I'd get them on Tuesday but they never showed and the tracking has went dead. Amazon reshipped the items but that's roughly $400 in items that disappeared. I was also supposed to receive two packages on Tuesday with coins. One was signature required and the other was simply a first class package. Although it had one of the back dated 1/10 oz proof AGE's I've been purchasing that I missed when issued. Well the mailman never even rung my bell or knocked and simply placed a delivery card for signature in our locked mailbox and didn't deliver any of our other mail that day. I got the signature required package today but the other one with a 1/10 oz AGE has gone missing according to the local post office I spoke with today. So 3 packages in one week have all disappeared. Coincidentally in the past two weeks we've had two new mail carriers delivering also perhaps related.

18. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

My order from ANACS in Co. to me in PA left on the 17th and arrived on the 19th. Wow just 2 days and it was registered mail. Go figure it usually takes 5 to 7 working days

19. cash4coin

cash4coin ran 20 redlights

I wrote a letter to myself and attached it to the mailbox out front with a clothes pin. I received it one hour later. Now that was speedy. It was good to hear from myself. I tried calling but I kept getting a busy signal.

Kasia and jay4202472000 like this.
  20. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

I love in a small town (400-500). I've lived here 12 years and never seen a uniformed person deliver mail to my box. They even drive their cars with a US Mail decal and a light attached to the roof.

21. Clutchy

Clutchy Well-Known Member

Last Saturday I received my neighbors mail, so I went over to see if she had my stuff. She did not. She had her other neighbors mail. So I went to my other neighbors.....bam!! There was my coins :D since January, I've received one package delivered as planned by the tracking number. They have been between 1 and 3 days late

Draft saved Draft deleted