Roosevelt dime PMD?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Darren Edwards, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Darren Edwards

Darren Edwards Well-Known Member

Good evening all
    If you look through my previous threads I normally get this wrong but this dime looks like it may be some form of strike through error? I know there’s a high chance it’s PMD it just seems very localized and has not damaged the edges or other high surfaces so thought I would see what you guys think. Any help as always is appreciated

paddyman98 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

That is strange looking. Almost like the die was damaged at that point and not just a clad issue. I will be interested what others think. Thanks for the post and nice photos.

Darren Edwards likes this.
  4. Darren Edwards

Thank you for the reply, I thought it was odd too but I have been wrong so many times in the past I thought posting would be the best way to get to the bottom of weather it’s PMD or not, keeping my fingers crossed lol.

5. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

It looks like a damaged die and a MAD, but I don't know much more than that. It seems too damaged for the employees not to notice.
    @JCro57

6. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Agreed but I also question if it could be a slight broadstrike instead of a mad either way its still just a dime.

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

That’s a nice MAD dime. Not sure about the issue on the back of his neck and above the date. Possibly a struck through.

8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

9. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

what do the edges look like? And that pattern looks like a strike-through, perhaps a detached section of a clad layer or other metal fragment. or could be some other debris like hardened or impacted grease

GH#75, Darren Edwards and paddyman98 like this.
  10. Darren Edwards

I can go and take pictures of the edge of it will help? They look fairly normal for the age of the coin ( slightly worn reeded edge ) many thanks

11. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

the edge photos might help to tell if it is a broadstrike or a MAD

12. Darren Edwards

That makes sense, I will try and take some decent pictures of the edges today and add them to this post for you to take a look at.

Draft saved Draft deleted