Roosevelt Dime Error?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Parker Miller, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Parker Miller

Parker Miller New Member

I have looked all over the internet for a similar error and can not find a single person with something like this. What do y’all think? It’s been driving me crazy! I think it’s a 2000? I’m also going to post pics of a couple others I have that I can identify. Thank you. 697FEA5F-1BD2-4B98-A2F2-4308A846FBF1.jpeg D050497B-C22F-4886-8E93-F30CAC95B83E.jpeg 906B29CB-BB67-48B3-81D8-5729340D7BD0.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Chuck_A

Chuck_A Well-Known Member

From what I've seen it's damage from heat, like a clothes dryer and not an error.

4. Handyman

Handyman Well-Known Member

PMD (post mint damage) there no way of knowing how the damage occurred, it just did it isn't a mint error and it's worth .10 cents.jmo

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

That's because it is not a mint error. Just damaged.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

7. Parker Miller

Parker Miller New Member

What about the last one. The one where it looks like there was some kind of different alloy mixed in with it.

Attached Files:

8. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

When your coin is so destroyed like the first one, even if there was some error,
    you probably couldn't see it through the damage.
    As for the second one, dimes are clad. The inner core is copper, and the outer sandwich layers are nickel and copper.
    Your coin does not have a different alloy mixed in. It's either glue, or some kind of stain. It could be environmental toning.

9. Parker Miller

Parker Miller New Member

10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Still looks damaged.

Draft saved Draft deleted