SOLD Roman Republic denarii

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by red_spork, May 12, 2018.

1. red_spork

red_spork Triumvir monetalis

Both coins SOLD

I'm selling a couple denarii to fund the next round of upgrades. Please let me know if you have any questions about any of the coins listed. As always, all coins are guaranteed authentic for life and were purchased from dealers or auction houses with similar guarantees.

2391CServeiliusMfCnDenarius.JPG
    C. Serveilius M.f. C.n.. 136 B.C. AR denarius (21.2 mm, 3.86 g, 7 h). Rome. ROMA, Helmeted head of Roma right, wreath and monogram behind head / C·SERVEILI·M·F, the Dioscuri galloping in opposite directions. Crawford 239/1; Sydenham 525; RSC Servilia I
    Privately purchased from Alfred de la Fe(of Agora Auctions) in September 2015
    A worn coin but otherwise attractive and with some nice light gold toning. SOLD

3831combined.JPG
    Roman Republic AR serrate denarius (18.3 mm, 3.91 g, 4 h). Tiberius Claudius Ti.f. Ap.n. Nero, moneyer. 79 B.C. Rome mint. Diademed and draped bust of Diana right, with quiver and bow over her shoulder / TI·CLAVD·TI·F / AP·N, Victory driving galloping biga right, holding wreath, reins, and palm frond; CXXVIIII below. Crawford 383/1; Sydenham 770; RSC Claudia 5.
    A beautifully toned example of a denarius generally thought to have been struck by an ancestor of the emperor Nero. There is a "Stannard scoop" al marco adjustment mark on the reverse that intersects the horse and ends on victory which adds some numismatic interest to this particular example. SOLD

Shipping is $3 in the US, other countries please PM me for a quote. Payment by PayPal. Thanks for looking!

Last edited: May 12, 2018