Roman Emperor Quiz

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by ancient times, Mar 5, 2023.

1. ancient times

ancient times Legatus Legionis

Who was the last emperor to have the FAMILY name of Caesar, who supplies the right answer, I will check best answer and i will supply the answer in a few days

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

I will take a stab at
    Gaius Caesar better known as Caligula

4. Cherd

Cherd Junior Member Supporter

I'm guessing Nero, his momma was Augustus' granddaughter.... right?

But, I'm also guessing that one of them farther down the line might have snuck a distant family connection in there! :shifty:

Edit: looked it up, great-grandaughter.

5. Norma Fries

Norma Fries Member

my guess is nero

6. LukeGob

LukeGob Well-Known Member

Family name = Augustus? So... All of them & the last would be...(not gonna include Romulus Augustulus bc it's funnier to use the nickname) Julius Nepos in the West &, if we respect the commonly held "line" btw Roman/Byzantine (I know, I know, gotta stop somewhere though) then Anastasius (or Zeno if you prefer)?

7. ancient times

ancient times Legatus Legionis

It is time for the answer, Nero of the Julio-Claudian dynasty, he was the last emperor to have the family name of Caesar. He was the great, great grandson of Marc Antony and the great, great grandson of Caesar Augustus. The rest of the Julio-Claudian family was Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius, congrats to Norma Fries and Cherd

Noah Worke and expat like this.
  8. Norma Fries

Norma Fries Member

I lucked out. I am currently taking a 30 week ancient Roman history class and this very point was brought up. That Nero was the last if the Julio-Claudian family dynasty to become emperor.

ancient times likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted