Roman coins from Bath

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by goossen, Jun 4, 2010.

1. goossen

goossen Senior Member

I'm back, and now I'm a married man :)

During our honeymoon one the places we visited was the city of Bath, UK. The museum was really interesting and there were many objects and coins.

I know nothing about roman coins but I took some pictures I would like to share with you.
    Sorry for the bad quality but the light was terrible and there was no flash allowed. And of course, the coins were behind a glass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. goossen

goossen Senior Member

4. krispy

krispy krispy

Congratulations! :thumb:

Welcome back and thanks for the Ancients pics.

I like the style of the illustrations of the coin designs next to the coins.

5. Shoewrecky

Shoewrecky Coin Hoarder

Congratulations on your marriage! Nice pictures, very clear and of great quality.

-Shrek

6. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Congrats on the marriage and thanks for the pics, really cool of you to share them!

7. Eduard

Eduard Supporter**

Congratulations Goosen! and I hope you had a nice trip to Europe.
    Stop in Germany next time.

Seeing your pictures from the roman coins at Bath reminded me of the first roman coin I ever got - it was a denarius of Caracalla which my mother bought whilst on a visit to the Museum in Bath sometime in the 1960's, and which she gave to me for my birthday long time ago. Back then the museum was selling coins excavated at the site.

Regards,

Eduard

(PS- like a south american friend of mine says "Ya se caso, ya se j....o!")

8. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Have to say they are rather good pics and the way the coins are displayed is much better than at the British Museum
    Also Congrats on getting hiched :hug: Hope that you had a good time in Bath it realy is a wonderful place to visit

9. Ardatirion

Ardatirion Où est mon poisson

You dirty so and so, take it back! lol. The two museums have completely different goals, I can't choose which I like better. So long as its not that atrocious naval museum in Greenwich. :D

Eduard - I got my first Roman coin on my first visit to England as well. Not in Bath, though. Stratford-on-Avon.
    [​IMG]
    Constantine I, Trier mint, 317 AD

goossen - CONGRATULATIONS! And to put some of those coins in perspective, just one of the aurei of Allectus would probably be enough to pay for both the wedding AND the honeymoon.

10. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

Congrats :D and thanks for posting the pics :) Wish I could get out and see more museums. Olny been to the science museum in pheonix, and did a rushed tour of the louvre (dont even know if there were coins it was so rushed) and vatican museum. The museum here in flagstaff is cool but its its only natural and southwest history. When I was a kid they did give me a couple large chunks of fossils which was really cool. Havent been there in a while so maybe they added new stuff :eek:

11. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

Very cool shots, I bet it was a great trip.
    Congratulations, and best wishes for a long and happy marriage.

12. goossen

goossen Senior Member

I'd like to have more time to visit museums. The National Museum of Prague was wonderful; but was our last day there and couldn't see much in detail.

Draft saved Draft deleted