Roll searching Lincoln Cents I have noticed something strange

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by biged239, Apr 8, 2011.

1. biged239

biged239 Member

Hello Group
    I have been roll searching Lincoln cents. I used a coin sorting mat that has the date and mint mark for each coin from 1959 till 2010. I place coins in the places on the mat for each coin in stacks.
    Now to the question. Has anybody else noticed that there are very few 1990 Ds or 1995 Ds or
    is it me just not finding many in what I have obtained. About 2000 pennies I have been threw.
    By using the mat I can see from other dates that the most common will have lots and the harder dates will have a few, By this I mean 20 or 30 verses 40 or fifty. But just to get one or two or even none is interesting.
    Just looking for feedback
    Thanks Biged

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SWThirteen

SWThirteen Needs a 24/7 Coin Shop

I went through a box from the bank and found tons of those. Then again, I live in the vicinity of the Denver Mint. I found very few P coins of ANY year while searching.

4. biged239

biged239 Member

I can believe that being close to the area of the mint you would get more of that mint. But are you saying that you see a lot of 1990 Ds? Not 1991, 1992, 1993, 0r 1994 but the year 1990?
    Thanks Big Ed

5. SWThirteen

I didn't count them, but I found a bit. Definitely less 90's than other years, but more than a few.

6. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

1990-D and 1991-D are both scare in my area.

7. EvilKidsMeal

EvilKidsMeal New Member

It just depends on the bank and the luck of the draw I guess. I live closer to Philadelphia than I do to Denver, and yet I have not seen any "P" Presidential Dollars yet. The banks I'm familiar with have rolls of D's.

As for circulation cents I consistantly get 80's dates in both mints usually, but haven't really noticed anything scarce, per say.

8. newcoinguy

newcoinguy Member

i have searched endless amounts of cents and have never found a 1963 cent!

9. jcakcoin

jcakcoin New Member

1990 D is quite rare in my area, but I just found a beautiful uncirculated 1995 D in a roll

10. SWThirteen

I searched 11 dollars today and found 22 1995 D's and 30 1990 D's. I have no idea if you consider that a lot or not, just tellin ya what I found. None are in particularly good condition, pretty average for 90's coins. However, I only found 3 of each 90 and 95 P's.

BTW, I'm from Oregon if you care.

11. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

I get a lot of 95 Ds in every box I sort. I notice them a lot because of the MD effect on the date. Somehow the plating is pushed creating a ghosting of the numbers. I used to set them aside for a second look for the DDO variety, but there are so many, I gave that up. I quit looking at the 90 D after I upgraded a couple of sets with MS coins. If you are having a hard time finding Denver Memorials, shoot me a PM with a list of what you need. I dump about 3-4 boxes every 2 weeks.

gary

12. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

It's definitely regional. I am getting some very nice Denvers from CRWS. Harder to find really nice Phillys though. I am in So Nevada.

gary

Draft saved Draft deleted