Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Atreides

Atreides New Member

Well thankfully I had another good saturday again, so my formerly skunky week has gotten a whole lot better. Here's my full results for the week:

Boxes:
    Halves (1): 90% x1, 40% x2
    Dimes (2): Skunk; Skunk
    Nickels (2): War x3; Skunk aside from a 1977-S Proof

My 3rd skunk brinks nickel box in a row, I guess I'll give it a few more chances but yea...

Rolls:
    Quarters (55 rolls): Skunk
    Dimes (108 rolls): Roosie x5 and a silver canadian
    Nickels (68 rolls): War x2 (both enders on separate days!), a dateless Buffalo, and a 1984-S Proof
    Pennies (68 rolls) Wheat x25, 1968-S and 1970-S Proofs
    Halves ($24.50 loose and BWR): 40% x1

Also got 2 more Roosies, one from the reject tube and one from a teller's tray

Some foreign this week too: 36c Canada, 5p UK, 10p Mexico, 15c Ecuador, 5p Bermuda, and another plastic nickel

Definitely going to up my volume even more for my birthday next week haha

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. halvessearcher

halvessearcher Active Member

box of halves-skunk with tons of marked ones

4. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

Over the last week I have search a couple hundred in cwr of halves... nothing. Mixed in some nickels and got a few pre 60's. Been dry around here as of late. Today I'm at the mother in laws in Canada. I picked up 10 cwr of quarters. Got one 1967 silver, two of the new orca colored, one of the new bison (no color), and two US clad. I had to drive to canada for silver :)

5. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

I found the same thing today to the tune of $710 in re wrapped Loomis and brinks rolls. The same guy ordered a crap ton of halves enough to fill their vault for coins. Since the head teller was out sick they did not know who's coin was who's so they denied me any boxes. I made a big stink and let them know I was not happy and this guy is abusing the system. Still fuming since this is my go to teller they are messing with, and his abuse is going to get us all cut off, did I mention I'm still fuming... Oh yeah I hope all the boxes are skunks for this guy he deserves them
    HOTN

6. Hellofthenorth

Saving grace for the day even though it did not make me feel better was a silver dime I spotted in a teller tray while cashing my check.
    HOTN

7. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Box 1 of dimes: 2x '64
    Box 2: no slv, but a stunning 2003S Clad proof (no Cameo).

8. clorox

clorox Member

$350 BWR dimes: One silver Roosie
    $150 CWR dimes: Canada '88 and '05, Barbados '04

9. ChesterCoperPot

ChesterCoperPot Junior Member

I think you should consider Buff Crazy instead! You seem to find a lot of those Merc, I'm jealous! :)

Awesome War Nickel find for it's condition too, and really awesome '38-D find! I'm only doing 1 box of Nickels per week.

Here are Jefferson's I'm still missing for 38-61. 10 to go.

38-S
    39-D
    39-S
    43-D
    44-D
    45-D
    45-S
    46-S
    50-D
    51-S

Merc, I know you probably have filled a folder or 2 by now with your CRH Nickel finds, but would you say that your 'best' folder is full of fairly decent grades considering they were all found in circulation? Are there certain dates that you just can't seem to find in good condition at all? I'm pretty novice about grading. But I have about 3-4 really good looking coins in my folder, the rest are filling the slots until I find a better substitue.

10. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

I'm still missing the '39-D and '50-D... I only have one dansco, and it's all AU-MS coins. For the later dates, I'm being picky, which has led to a lot of holes in the set, as of right now, at least. I have probably somewhere around $8-$10 face in BU nickels that would go 64 or better that need to be sorted by date and possibly put into the album, so... Once I get that done, I'd expect to be around 70% complete or so.

11. Moonshine

Moonshine ....................

2 boxes of halves = 2 more skunks (last 11 boxes=8 skunks)
    Box of dimes = 1 Merc

Picked up $102 in Ikes which yielded nothing special.

12. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

Opened a box of dimes and ALL are 2011D in clear plastic tubing. Seems a waste of time to even open them up, but I will to check for errors.

13. Melina

Melina Nickel Addict

This is EXACTLY what I'm doing and I'm missing the exact same 2 nickels... Even have a dansco, lol.

Wow... I admire your dedication. I'd tape it back up and go get another box pronto.

14. ChesterCoperPot

About how many boxes have you done of Nickels Medina? I've done 15 boxes total.

Cool Merc, I assume you've done close to 100 boxes of Nickels, do you keep count?

15. Merc Crazy

I'm over 210 at this point.

16. sam.b

sam.b New Member

I found my high school stash of coins that I used to collect before I knee what to look for. Got a mercury dime in a good shape, a 1964 roosie that is gorgeous, and a 1918 1 franc coin. That one is a silver too. Can't wait to actually pick up a box or two tomorrow

17. ChesterCoperPot

Wow that's quite abit. Did you ever see CopperNickelDaddy's thread on another message board about all the nickel rolls he was going thru? I'll have to see if I can dig it up. This guy went thru something like 500 boxes, **** maybe even more.

18. Merc Crazy

The million nickel guy/thread. Yeah, I know what you're talking about, that forum won't load on my computer any more, I suspect they blocked my MAC address (illegal to obtain MAC addresses without the users express consent as far as I know) after banning me for giving someone a piece of my mind. I can only access it through proxies that block both your IP and MAC addresses...

19. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Box of dimes - skunk.

But I've been doing well on rejects (and I got that walker last week), so it makes up for my recent skunk dime boxes somewhat

20. Hellofthenorth

Box of dimes over the weekend - Skunk
    had a modern canadian and a Costa Rican 10 cent coin, never seen that before
    HOTN

21. Hellofthenorth

The head teller at the bank where I had the problem this weekend just called me to apologize about 10 times. She is great so I thanked her for calling me and told her I appreciated how well she takes care of me. My coin is there to be picked up and more is coming for the weekend.
    I'll prob do something nice for them this weekend.
    HOTN

Draft saved Draft deleted