Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

Nice score on the Walker, I absolutely love finding those.
    HOTN

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hellofthenorth

I've searched $4400 in halves this month so far and have yet to score a 90% half. I hope I can break that streak here in the next couple days. I might have a box today, and for sure I have 2 tomorrow.
    Has anyone else noticed a big drop off in the 90% half finds?
    HOTN

4. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

It's been 19 boxes since I pulled a 90%er.

:|

5. model77

model77 Silver Stacker

2 boxes of halves and a box of CWR dimes.

skunk
    skunk
    and.
    skunk

picking up 2 more boxes today. I've upped to 4 boxes a week. I'm hoping to dig through and get into some better, older boxes if I keep at it. Uping the box volume so I can lower the time I spend driving all over creation. i know that as it gets warmer i will have many landscaping projects around the house. I want the coin to sort through in the evenings but I will not have the time to go around and get it so I will have to hope the boxes start producing.

HOTN - how many boxes do you usually do in a week?

6. Hellofthenorth

Model77
    I try and do about 5 boxes of halves per week. This week my two on Wednesday did not show so I did a box of dimes. I stopped ordering from one bank and had an order in with another but they are lazy about ordering for me. I ordered a box like a week and a half ago and will be checking on that today. They were "unsure" if they could order a box for me. Little do they know, that I know, the branch the next twon over gets me two boxes. But again, that guy is lazy and "sometimes forgets".

I was able to do $400 in BWR halves yesterday, but that is not typical. This week could be as little as two boxes if this other bank does not come through today.
    HOTN

7. Hellofthenorth

I've noticed a big drop off in March compared to Jan & Feb in finds and especially 90%ers. Good luck on your boxes today.
    HOTN

8. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think that all these WAMs were released in the Philly and Penn. region. Seems like they're not as hard to find around there. I've had a heck of a time though.

9. Hellofthenorth

Halves

My banks are killing me this week. My two boxes on Wednesday did not get ordered (called a week in advance) and my one box for today I ordered 1.5 weeks ago did not get ordered. She said "she would keep trying". All they have to do is check off how many they want on the order sheet next to the half dollar box and they come with the next delivery. Boy, that must be really hard checking those boxes.
    Didn't have enough time to stop and get a box of dimes, maybe after work I can score something.
    HOTN

10. bluemastiff

bluemastiff Member

1 box of halves ....bust
    $18 halves from trays.....bust

I hear people talking about having luck with bags where do you guys get them from?

11. Melina

Melina Nickel Addict

A teller let me look through all of the plastic wrapped dimes at her station :) I bought 1 that had a 1951 roosie in it :)

12. Merc Crazy

4 boxes of halves, 5 40%ers. $200 CWRs, one 40%er. A lone '64 from a teller tray.

$550 bag of dimes gave up 4 roosies, then three boxes gave up one.

13. TouchOfGrey

TouchOfGrey Member

Box of halves had one '67. Better than nothing. I sure do wish I could find some frankies or walkers in my box searching.

14. clorox

clorox Member

Rough start to the day: The bank that's been very kind to me over the past few weeks got a dump from another CRH, so they didn't order my box. Then they said that I couldn't order any more boxes since I don't have an account with them. (Like they've been ordering a huge number of boxes for me. They've ordered one total.) I asked about opening an account and I either had to pay a monthly fee or keep a minimum balance of $1000. Not going to happen.

They did let me pick up the $540 in CWR halves, but of course it was skunk (and 50¢ short). Dumped those and picked up two boxes of dimes, I'll report back when I get through those.

15. sam.b

sam.b New Member

I'm new to this, so I don't know much yet. When you guys go through your halts, do you just check edges? Or do you check date on each coin? Also, I read that some proof coins dated after 1970 were silver, is there a way to tell if the coin is proof? Like maybe a certain mint mark or something?

16. ccit

ccit Member

did 4 boxes of halves in the last two days...no silver still but pulled 5 proofs(71,79,81,93,96) and some NIFC as usual. Also picked up $45 CWR/loose halves this morning. One roll popped out 11x40% which made me happy. Found 7x40% on Tues and a few roosies early this week.

17. Hellofthenorth

Very good volume, too bad you didn't get rewarded more for the effort
    HOTN

18. Merc Crazy

Yeah, sucks...

2 more boxes of dimes, 1 '40 and 1 roosie. Snoozer of a day. Gonna pick up another box tomorrow then another on Tuesday.

Box of quarters, skunk.

19. Atreides

Atreides New Member

Sweet, finally a little success to turn around this otherwise skunky week. Found a skanky Roosie and an even skankier war nickel in my daily rolls, and then found 1x 90% and 2x 40% (also skanky, I almost missed them) in my box of halves.

Still have a box of dimes and 2 boxes of nickels to go through, and I've already found a war nickel ender (with nothing else in that roll), so here's hoping.

I really need to up my halves volume to 2 a week finally, dunno why I've been holding off. Next week is my birthday so maybe I'll treat myself to a bunch of extra change, haha

20. Yacorie

Yacorie Junior Member

Today sucked and it resulted in me only getting half my ordered boxes.

Car broke down on the way into work - found out later - timing belt - probably going to be junking that one. I wasn't able to get to 1 of the banks to pick up my 2 boxes so had to settle for 2 boxes from my 2nd order bank.

Box 1 - 40% ender but that was it for the box.....again. I actually hate the enders because I rarely find other coins in the box with them
    Box 2 - 1x40%

Better than 2 skunks

21. VACookey

VACookey New Member

1 box, total skunk

Draft saved Draft deleted