Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. model77

model77 Silver Stacker

1230 in halves mix of CWR and teller trays.

3 40% one of them was from the teller tray.

I almost missed one of them. It has copper showing! I'm used to the tricky two tone ones with silver and black edges but this one you can actually see the orange copper color reflecting back from between the reeds on the edge. that confuses me. Anyone else get a 40%er with actually copper showing?

bummer results for the work I put in. Picked up 2 boxes today. still have a box of CWR dimes to get to as well. High volume so far this month but not high results.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

Can you post a picture of this copper looking 40%er you are talking about. I don't date check, I only edge and sound check. I hope I'm not missing stuff by not date checking.
    Thanks
    HOTN

4. clorox

clorox Member

I've got a few 40%ers with the copper showing, but they still don't look like nickel clads. The copper color is much less vibrant, more tan/yellow than orange. I'd love to see a picture of it, model77.

5. fish968

fish968 New Member

90%.jpg All finds.jpg

All my finds today from 4 boxes !

box 1: 11 40%'s

box 2: 1 64' , 3 Franklins , 1 Walking Liberty , 2 40%'s

box 3: 1 40%

box 4:Skunk!

I had alot of fun going through these boxes ! Oh and also I got a Franklin from a teller the other day.

6. model77

model77 Silver Stacker

I'll try for a pic. I have had terrible luck getting a good detailed pic of a coin to come out though

7. model77

model77 Silver Stacker

NICE!! Glad to here some good news around here!!

8. VACookey

VACookey New Member

1 box of halves, 1 box of quarters

Found 9 40%ers and a '43 quarter!

9. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Fish, those are some great boxes.

And I've had some of the 40%ers that have a brighter copper colored edge. Maybe tomorrow I'll look for one to take a picture of.

10. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

Box of Halves: Skunk
    Box of Dimes: 2 x Mercs
    $200 in BWDimes: 5 x Mercs (Wild...2 in 1 roll and 3 in another roll)....

Total of 7 Mercs on the day!!!! :eek:

11. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Nice finds Ace. I'll probably get back into it this Friday, got lots of halves to pick up. Probably gonna work overtime instead of road tripping, though.

12. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

Thanks Merc - the tide is turning. We gotta just keep plugging through the garbage. Good Luck this weekend.

13. Two boxes of nickels yesterday I got a polished 45 p war Nikel
    And today I got 400 in dimes=skunk

14. Wporch

Wporch New Member

First box of halves tore through them in one night..... Found one 40%er well that was good enough to inspire me to do more I guess ill buy another box tomorrow....let ya know how it goes.

15. clorox

clorox Member

About $150 CWR and loose halves: nil
    1 BWR of halves: 20 uncirculated 71's
    $115 CWR dimes: One Mercury, my first!
    $185 BWR dimes: One silver Roosie

16. sam.b

sam.b New Member

I got two rolls of dimes on a whim from a local bank. Two silvers. :) sorry, I'm new here, don't know all the lingo yet. That did get me excited enough to try something more serious. Ordered two boxes of half dollars. They'll be in next week.

17. Mile5

Mile5 New Member

Got some rolls of pennies. i was wondering if this is a 1979 Filled D. please let me know. 1979 Filled D.jpg

18. papermoney54

papermoney54 Coin Collector

did anyone get any beginners luck and find a boat load of silver on first search

19. Hellofthenorth

I found 49 x 40%ers out of $50 worth of CWR halves on my second hunt ever. That was back a while ago and have only topped that one other time.
    HOTN

20. Hellofthenorth

Went to Boston for a trade show, Boston has no power and show got cancelled. Hit every bank I walked by for halves and got $200 BWR and scored one 40%er. Rerolled and cashed in the clad and that same bank agreed to sell me $200 more. Maybe will search them on the train ride home
    Hotn

21. sam.b

sam.b New Member

I'm pretty excited to get my first two boxes of halfs next week. What do you guys generally keep, other than silver? Are there any particular dates/designs that are valuable?

Draft saved Draft deleted