Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

Two boxes of dimes, Skunk
    third box of dimes= 1x2008 5 Pence. Imagine my excitement when I seen this big hunk of metal staring me in the face. It wasn't much but it was better than a third skunk box.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kanderus

Kanderus Active Member

$160 CWR Halves = Skunk save for one 2002P NIFC. Grrrrrrr.

4. Davidschwager

Davidschwager Member

I heard that roll-searching works better in the smaller cities than it does in larger cities like Los Angeles where I live. When visiting my brother in Billings, Montana this weekend, we went to all four US Bank branches. None of them had a half dollar of any type. I'll try again at home soon.

5. robbudo

robbudo Indian Error Collector

I get 1 buff per 3 boxes.

6. Melina

Melina Nickel Addict

And I was just being sarcastic.

7. I_Love_Silver

I_Love_Silver I love U.S. coinage

Hi gang been awhile eh? Anyhow I walked into my small town rural Pennsylvanian bank and asked for a silver dollar and they produced a little rubber-band box full of "oddities" I ended up buying a Franklin half for 50¢ !! That will never ever happen to me (or probably anyone) ever again! I still never got my SD :confused: BUT I'm so excited I just couldn't contain myself much longer so I had to post here! Here are some scans I just done on my scanner. I used a Vario black Mylar divider (I'm a stamp collector also)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

edited: Fixed some spelling and reworded some stuff. :rolleyes:

8. I_Love_Silver

I_Love_Silver I love U.S. coinage

I also got this one although it's not real special but I like it. I got this a few months back but don't think I showed it here yet. If I have I apologize if not well, enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. VACookey

VACookey New Member

Got one CWR at the bank today. 4 40%ers and a 1959 Franklin proof! It's in really good shape too. My husband it out at the bank by his job (where I found the 1938D Walker) getting 2 boxes. So hopefully tonight we'll find some more goodies.

10. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

I just got a call from a head teller who I asked to order me some halves last week. She was going to call me back if she could order them and I never heard from her so I figured she could not order them for me. Surprise, they are there and waiting to be picked up. Now my lunch break can't come soon enough. I hope they are not as lousy as the boxes I got yesterday.
    HOTN

11. VACookey

VACookey New Member

12. cciesielski01

cciesielski01 Laced Up

1917 D i found in a drawer at my old job

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. skistud105

skistud105 New Member

2 weeks in a row my bank forgot to order halves. Ever since I brought them chocolate they seem to have been dropping the ball.

14. Daniel M. Ryan

Daniel M. Ryan New Member

Wow - good one. If I get one like that, I'd consider myself really lucky.

15. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Score!

Went and picked up in halves at one of my more consistent banks (This is where I got my Stone Mt. half). They had $70 in CWR...

rsz_0928111506.jpg

Every one of them silver.
    :eek:
    21 90%
    119 40%

Forgot: Also got 1 '64 in a box of dimes.

16. cfCoin

cfCoin New Member

I need to join your bank! Good find!

17. cciesielski01

cciesielski01 Laced Up

Thanks daniel! Its by far the best teen cent I've found in circulation, it was found at the McDonalds I used to work atCody

18. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

You are absolutely on FIRE!!!!
    HOTN

19. JJDEMARAY

JJDEMARAY New Member

(2)Boxes of Halves-skunk
    (2)Bags of halves-(1) 40%

One 40%er is pretty pathetic for opening $3000.00 in coins.

20. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

Bought 2 boxes of Pennies and two boxes of Nickels. Haven't gone through them yet but this is what I found just opening the box, I put them in that row. And unless that last one showing Lincoln is a 59, well you get the idea. P9270701.jpg P9270704.jpg Cant wait to see whats lurking inside both cents and nickels.

21. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

Awesome find. I need to get back into halves.

Draft saved Draft deleted