Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Aggiecollector

Aggiecollector Junior Member

Yes, when I opened the first roll of pure silver I had a knot in my stomach as I realized how many rolls I had of all silver. My total is 957 so I am on the countdown to 1000!!! Started last July. Been much slower in past few months but when I hit I hit big lately.

Bob you are about even with me right? What is your total after that good box you found last week?

Erin

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lincolnhoardr

lincolnhoardr Coin Hoarder

wow those were sweet rolls nice!

4. lincolnhoardr

I was curious about how many silver halves I have found I started searching in around september and I have found 512 silver halves so far not bad I think

5. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

I like making spreadsheets, so I'm spreadsheeting my findings. Unfortunately, because I only search during downtime at work, the spreadsheets are on my computer there. I believe I may have to switch banks for better numbers than I'm getting now. Who does everybody here use, and where are some of you guys getting these monster boxes from?

6. GypsyTears

GypsyTears Mammy 2 shoes

I am almost at the magic number also. For just under a 2 year period I have pulled 934 silver halves out of circulation. WOO HOO!!! My wife does note understand why I search. It actually angers her. But I consider it stress relief for free. We all know how good it feels to open a roll and see a bright silver edge glowing like a becon. Good stuff.

7. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

Always makes me smile to see that silver rim sticking out.

I actually convinced my girlfriend to start roll searching. And she advocates me getting back into collecting coins... keeper?

8. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

No, my friend, you passed me up and left me in the dust. I'm at 719. I started June 1 last year, so I'd like to hit 750 by June 1 this year when I hit the one year mark. But, when I started, I never dreamed I'd get 719 silver halves....all in less than a year. I'm quite pleased.

9. lincolnhoardr

I searched 19 rolls no silver but I did find this one
    [​IMG]

10. financeman

financeman Lincoln Cent Connoisseur

Were you a little hungry when you were searching? Next time, make sure you pack a sandwich

11. lincolnhoardr

lol :) thanks for the laugh

12. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Nice clip.....clips there. Great find.

13. Grimster

Grimster Junior Member

well that sure is a beat up Kennedy. lol

14. bilboleslie

bilboleslie Junior Member

Circulation finds:

Two bags of pennies, off the machine in the bank lobby.

Nothing much of interest. wheaties run about 12 per bag of 5,000, nothing older than 1944.

15. Coin Master

Coin Master New Member

Roll Hoard Found @ Coinshop.com

Hello fellow roll collectors, many of the holes in my personal collection have been filled at http://www.coinshop.com they have many modern American coin rolls, both proof and uncirculated at very modest prices.

16. lincolnhoardr

I searched ~$300 in dimes I found 5 silver dimes
    also ~$900 in rolled halves I found 1 64 and 3 %40 a decent day :)

17. Penny Fanatic

Penny Fanatic Seated Half Collector

Found a 64 D quarter in a roll last week, to date I have 3 silver quarters from circulation, one thanks to a nice teller :)

18. Aggiecollector

Aggiecollector Junior Member

Countdown

19. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

Is that combining 40's and 90's, Aggie?

20. Grimster

Grimster Junior Member

searched 2 boxes of nickels tonight. no war and 1 nasty buffalo. I did find a couple of 40's S-mints that I needed. 10 holes to fill left in my whitman....

not many old ones (pre-60) in these two boxes...only 20 total out of $200 worth.

21. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

I can answer for him, Ltrain.....yes that is combining all silver coins. He counts the same way I do. Of course, I also count how many 90%ers I have out of my total (149 of my 725 total).

I had a good day of searching today. One box of Halves yielded 6 40%ers and in one bag of dimes I found 22 2009 P coins and 5 silvers

'52
    '60
    '61
    2 '64

:)

Draft saved Draft deleted