Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

In the middle of rolling through another $250 in halves. Some of these coins are marked JW 2/10. Several damn near uncirculated bicentennials and other years with some nice luster on them, unfortunately not stuff I would pull aside because they have bag marks on the face.

Beautiful coloration, though.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickdunn

rickdunn RickD

Just went through 10$ of Canadian nickles and found another 30"s nickle.(1933) I checked the value on this and found it is worth 1000$ in MS 63 condition. Not sure what the grade would be but coin is in great condition. This is the 3rd one i have found in 2 weeks.. Guess i,ll keep looking...

4. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

Done those halves... Final tally is 1 40%, and 1 2004. Gonna pick up $50 more on the way home and cash those in, get the rest on Wednesday.

5. tcarey

tcarey Junior Member

Where do you check the value of Canadian coins? I have a couple books practically full and cannot find the value of them.

6. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

7. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

6 war nickels is pretty good in my book. Congrats.

8. Grimster

Grimster Junior Member

Ya Im not complaining. Im averaging just about 1 war nickel per box. Some boxes have none, and some have 2.

I might have to trade in several of the silver nickels for a shiney 50-D one of these days....lol

9. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Beef1020: Hey, I was just responding to a post that I read in here with my opinion. There is no where else to take it; it was appropriate to comment about it in the thread in which it appeared. It was one comment, and I don't have anything else to say about it, so I'm not sure why the chatisement from you about my comment.

Anyway, carry on......bought a bag of dimes today, will search it tonight.

10. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

Are you trying to put together the nickel set from circulation too!!! I have not found that one yet either, still waiting. I love finding the 1950 with date showing, and the anticipation of flipping it over :)

11. rickdunn

rickdunn RickD

I found the price guide on a site called Coins and Canada" Canadian coin price guide" Check it out if you get a chance. Rick

12. tcarey

tcarey Junior Member

thanks, I sold an 1925 Canadian Nickel on Ebay a few months back and only after it closed for over $100 did I realize it was probably worth quite a bit more. I cannot find the pictures of it right now, but it was a really nice one! Oh well, live and learn...

13. rickdunn

rickdunn RickD

Yea, if sure to the right person it could be worth a fair amount, problem is finding the right buyer... Rick

14. tcarey

tcarey Junior Member

Okay, back on the subject...

I have searched 3 boxes of halves and several hundred in customer rolls and found:

1 - 90%
    1 - 40%
    1/2 - magician coin

Not real exciting, I think I need to buy boxes from a smaller bank, I currently purchase from Chase. Has anyone succeeded in purchasing boxes of halves from bank w/o an account? One of my tellers told me to get nickel boxes, a guy that comes in all the time tells her he is always finding stuff because no one knows what to look for. Any thoughts?

15. bilboleslie

bilboleslie Junior Member

Concur. At least about being proud about it. Whether it belongs here or not I leave to the moderator, but yuck. Hope he doesn't buy from us.

16. dano

dano Junior Member

Found a 1954 Franklin in a box of halves today!
    Then got a 43-s war nickel in change at lunch.
    Pretty good day!

17. T-Bone0804

T-Bone0804 Junior Member

I found a silver quarter in the petty cash drawer at work today. I work at a hotel and we only do maybe 2 cash transactions per day (the rest cc), and virtually all of those are bills in, change out, so the same coins stay in the drawer for months at a time. Imagine my surprise when I go to count the quarters And see a bright white rim looking at me :) made my night!

18. Simms

Simms Tactile History

Amazing find, out of the 25 or so registers we have and thousands of transactions a day at my job, only one cashier has found a silver quarter, make that two, lucky her.

19. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

I found $27 of halves at two banks today, and found 2 40%ers. :)

I won one of the door prizes at my coin club meeting today, a BU 1964 Kennedy. :D

I'm searching a bag of dimes and already found 4 silvers about a third of the way through it, will do a full report when completed with the bag. :)

It was a good coin day.

Erin (AggieCollector) was at the meeting as well, and won a Morgan Dollar door prize. Congrats Erin, you are on a roll lately!

20. Grimster

Grimster Junior Member

Yup. currently working on my nickel circulation set. Still need the key dates and most of the semi-keys ( 40's S-mints mainly). I don't anticipate that I'll complete it very soon, but if I keep getting roughly 1 war nickel per box then that's ok with me :D

I dont recall exactly what I need left, my updated spreadsheet is at home and I forgot to email it to myself to update the one here at work. I want to say from memory that Im missing around 10-12 ? Im slowly getting there. Which reminds me, I dumped my nickels yesterday at the credit union lobby coin counter, so I need to go today during lunch to buy more boxes at the other bank :)

21. T-Bone0804

T-Bone0804 Junior Member

T'was a good day for silver

As I mentioned in an earlier post I found a 1964 quarter in the petty cash drawer at work. This morning during breakfast I went through a box of halves to find:

6 40's
    3 90's (including a 1961 Frankie)
    1 2005-S clad proof

gonna flip the rest into two boxes of dimes lol

Draft saved Draft deleted