Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Sometimes it’s boom, sometimes it’s bust. This was from 1,000 quarters. The next 3,000 had nothing but a UK 10 pence coin.
    IMG_9839.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Sorry, I'm not on a roll today. lol.gif lol.gif

4. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

4 cwr of halves... a couple nifc.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  5. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Lucky 13

Seattlite86 likes this.
  6. Cheech9712

Save them. They will always be there

Seattlite86 likes this.
  7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Futility.
    Well I have been striking out a lot but I haven't given up. I don't even remember the last W I got, perhaps 6 months ago. We did hit a really nice streak of S proof quarters but then that collection dump ran dry. The other day GF brings in 2 rolls and I had 9 looks 0-9. And there was an old Mexican peso (1986) before the devaluation in there. Loomis rarely does this, I am not happy about being scammed out of a quarter. The last time it was a Canadian quarter but it was MS condition so I put it in a flip. I brought in 6 rolls, and with hers I had a total of 43 possible W's. 0-43. A good percentage of looks and it's a skunk.
    I pick up 8 rolls the other day and GF picks up 2. I have 36 looks (9%). I prob pulled out a Chaco Canyon and a nice Northern Marianas. 0-36. There was a decent 2022-D Sally Ride struck through grease which I put in a flip, but the hunt has been discouraging.

8. Dustin McDaniel

Dustin McDaniel Active Member

That
    That is extremely good in my opinion. I haven't found that many silver quarters all together and I have searched way more than a 1000 quarters.

Seattlite86 and SensibleSal66 like this.
  9. Seattlite86

Yes, it is a blessing to roll search where I do. I’ll never see these kinds of odds again when I move.

Cheech9712 and -jeffB like this.
  10. Michael K

I pick up 6 rolls today. In roll 5 I find my first Jovita Idar which came out in August 2023. It is completely useless as both sides are roached. It is as if it was sitting in a pile of warm Coca Cola in a drink cup in a truck of hazardous biological waste that crashed into a truck carrying nuclear waste which caused a fire that burned for 3 months.
    I have one more roll to go. I said it to my GF, by the time I get one it will be all scratched up. But this is even beyond that.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  11. Michael K

In regards to the "American Women Quarters", through the end of this year there are 15 designs. I may not be the smartest person in the world but I am comparatively well read and I only have heard of 5 of these women before the coins came out. 5/15 that seems very weak. These women are important enough to put on a coin and I only have heard of one third of them? Why is there no Amelia Earhart? Because she was on some poorly received 2007 commemorative? Or any famous women from the world of sports? There has to be some. Althea Gibson, Babe Diedrikson Zaharias?

12. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Sounds like an educational series is just the thing, then!

Seattlite86 likes this.
  13. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

I guess the point is to make them better known than they are. Good news about Althea Gibson, though; she's due to be on the 5th quarter release in 2025.

Michael K, -jeffB and SensibleSal66 like this.
  14. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

Just got into roll hunting nickels lately; wish I was keeping more specific track, but highlights so far out of 8 boxes of nickels:
    4 Buffalo nickels (1925, 1934-D, 1936 x2)
    3 2009-D nickels (somewhat low mintage for modern nickels so I always save 2009's)
    1 proof nickel (1986-S)
    4 silver war nickels (1943-P x2, 1943-S, 1945-P)
    4 Canadian nickels (1988, 1992, 1998 x2)
    Every date/mintmark from 1960-2023 eventually (2009-P was last I ever found in this range)
    Quite a few from 1939-1959, only missing mainly most of the war nickels and a few key dates
    Strangest find was a nickel with a sticker on it that reads "Buy 1 entree, get 2nd at 50% off, support Salida Middle School Garden Project, Country Bounty Restaurant, Excp. 5/31/10". Can't see the date on the nickel as the sticker covers the obverse, but the reverse has the "FS' initials on it, so it's not older than 2006, and based on the expiration date of the "coupon" I presume it's not likely newer than 2010.

15. JoshuaP

JoshuaP Well-Known Member

Interesting find today. The nickel is rough, but counter-stamped. NOTE: I do not support the KKK! 20240607_215617.jpg 20240607_215609.jpg

Michael K likes this.
  16. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  17. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

You got that right mister. Throw that in the reject pile.

Cheech9712 and Seattlite86 like this.
  18. Seattlite86

Two quarters with small cuds on them.
    IMG_9997.jpeg IMG_9995.jpeg IMG_9996.jpeg IMG_9992.jpeg

Cheech9712, -jeffB and SensibleSal66 like this.
  19. Rambutan52

Rambutan52 Well-Known Member

I will buy a box of dimes occasionally and hope for a silver find. No luck again but a low mintage 2009-D was found.

IMG_2085.jpeg

Cheech9712 likes this.
  20. Cheech9712

I think I need a 34d. So I’m glad they’re still out there. Good for you.

21. Cheech9712

Now those are super super had to find. Still waiting to personally find one. Shout out to @gronnh20

Rambutan52 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted