Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

yup, its only worth a couple of bucks, but man it feels so good to find one again.

Kurisu likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's my first of 2022! I don't do many halves.

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Was opening my cent boxes from the week and out popped this nice little surprise. First IHC in over a year!
    20220415_194915.jpg slazzer-edit-image (2).png

5. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

No way lol!!!
    I did two fun things today...I drove down to Colorado Springs and took in the Harry W. Bass Jr. Gallery again! I'll be doing a post on it shortly.

On the way I stopped at my credit union for some more rolls since I got a silver in the last 2 rolls of halves I got.
    They told me that their limit is now one roll lol!

So I got some other rolls and my ONE roll of halves...
    ONE roll!!!:p

20220416_173750.jpg
    20220416_173809.jpg

Abramthegreat, Tater, berto and 7 others like this.
  6. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

Well this is completely nuts...

So I went back to the credit union right after work, confirmed, only ONE roll of halves per customer! ...Checked that roll when I got back in my car lol, nothing special there.

So then I went to a Chase because it's on the way home...

A teller who knows me says she has only ONE roll of halves a lady just dropped off.
    I also offered to buy all her loose half dollars...she sets them on the counter...!
    I took a photo while she was getting my other rolls lol.
    20220418_164411.jpg
    Teller stack.jpg

20220418_165022.jpg 20220418_165041.jpg

Then as soon as I got back to my car I checked that single customer roll you see in the photo...

Whaaaa?! Awesome lol!

20220418_165811.jpg
    20220418_165823.jpg

Attached Files:

7. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

5 bwr of halves... a few nice 2021s.

8. furryfrog02

I'm so sick of seeing 2021p halves. Ugh.

9. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Nothing,no silver or basically anything truly special in three weeks just a bunch of 1960's besides silver I think my locations are compromised,so frustrating!!!.

noahhutch01 likes this.
  10. berto

berto Well-Known Member

One CWR halves from one bank held nothing of note.

11. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

A floating shingle and a broken shingle on my Homestead.
    Also window blobs :happy:

20220422_110415.jpg
    20220422_110521(0).jpg
    20220422_110454.jpg

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
    Abramthegreat likes this.
  12. furryfrog02

3 boxes of halves today:
    1x64P, 1x40%er (65). 1xGold Plated 04P.

Abramthegreat and Kurisu like this.
  13. Dean 295

Dean 295 D.O.M.

Look for the buffalo nickels that have no date and a mint mark on the reverse. Then take some date back and see if you can get a expensive coin on the cheap . You never know it could happen .

14. Abramthegreat

Abramthegreat Well-Known Member

I wish I could get a box of pennies.... my local bank says they can only give out boxes if they are for "Businesses" :(

15. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Going back a few pages, Kuirso that isn't a Sac dollar. Yes she is still on the obverse, but the Sac dollars have the eagle on the reverse and the Native American dollars
    have diff designs on the reverse. The Sac dollars have the year on the obverse and the NAD have them on the rim.
    Lots of really great finds, S's, W's, old silver etc. But things like the 1968S and 1970S nickels are just circulating 5 cent business strikes there's no premium for those.
    As for people switching banks to find ones that will order coins for you, eventually that friendliness is going to end as it costs banks money to order boxes that they are selling to you at face value. They are taking a loss on every box of coins.

16. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

I hear you...but... any small dollar that has Sacagawea on it is a Sac. With all due respect.

enamel7 likes this.
  17. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Disagree. Sacs go from 2000-2008.
    And then there are design changes to the reverse and obverse (date removed)
    and Native American dollars go from 2009-present. A different reverse every year.
    It's like when people call ATB quarters, state quarters. Washington is still on it,
    it's still a quarter, but the series has a different name.

18. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

14 crw of halves... about a roll worth of 2018 nifc.
    2 crw of quarters... nothing of interest.

19. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

Lol! I do refer to the correct series... if it's important.
    But if she's on it I'm way more likely to still call that one a Sac because...it is still that too. :joyful:

The U.S. mint's own descriptions of the the Native American series, "The program builds on the Sacagawea Golden Dollar...".

I of course don't refer to the President series or Innovation dollars as Sacagaweas

But... sometimes I call the Sac's small dollars :D
    Also...those quarters you mentioned...they all have Washington on them...I often refer to them as Washingtons ;)

20. TaborTot22

TaborTot22 Well-Known Member

There is a bank at my local WalMart (WoodForest), I don't have an account there but have been friendly enough that they offered to buy me a box after asking for half dollars multiple times. Picked up my first box yesterday, found 5 NIFCs, 2x1964 90%ers and 1x1968 40%er. They have a sister box there as well, will definitely be seeing if I can get it this week.

21. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Basically nothing within a month,not even a single wheatie!!!completely dead.

Draft saved Draft deleted