Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Only one box of halves and 2 boxes of quarters today. Still not bad.
    1917P Walker
    2x40%ers
    2xW Weir Farm
    2x Cumberland Islands Rim Cuds
    3x Foreign
    1x Gold plated and 5x silver plated
    20220211_164343.jpg slazzer-edit-image (16).png

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

I can only dream,when I'm on my own and move.Before I do ill make sure to ask the banks if they can get half dollars lol.

4. furryfrog02

Was a bit bummed that Loomis only brought 1 box this week. Oh well.

5. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

Just a few luster bombs to make you feel warm inside.

20220202_143723(0).jpg 20220202_143739(0).jpg
    20220202_143653.jpg
    20220202_143759.jpg
    20220202_143829(0).jpg
    20220202_143623(0).jpg
    20220130_110250.jpg
    20220130_110318.jpg
    20220129_081723.jpg
    20220129_081656.jpg

noahhutch01, capthank, JPD3 and 3 others like this.
  6. berto

berto Well-Known Member

I like walking into a bank when I am the only customer and there are 4 tellers working. I ask 1 teller for halves, and they all hear me and offer to sell me their halves so they don't have to count them when they close their drawers...This happened this evening...Unfortunately, all $10.50 in loose halves were junk! Oh well, I'll keep at it :D

-jeffB and furryfrog02 like this.
  7. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

But mark there’s 2 1976 at the bottom row. 1 with a P and 1 w/o a mint mark. What’s up with that?

8. AidenAlexander

AidenAlexander Well-Known Member

9. BDS

BDS New Member

Has any one found a 2021-p scare face Jefferson nickel and if so what State found in ?

10. Mark68

Mark68 Well-Known Member

I believe they are D's. Just a little smashed.

-jeffB likes this.
  11. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

When I come across a Hawaiian like this it's a straight up exercise in boggling the freaking mind.
    How a coin survives in this kind of beautiful condition, even if it's managed to stay only in rolls and bins it's just astounding to me.

20220212_092553.jpg
    20220212_092619.jpg

It was in a Loomis roll, plenty of old junky ones in there too...also got 2 Maya's in there. So I know for sure this Hawaiian has been moved around and likely re-wrapped a few times and maybe even handled... just incredible.

This is one of the two Maya's (I've only gotten two in change so far, these were my first two in a roll!) the other was still nice just not as nice...but you know the kinds of specimens I'm looking for...a couple few grades better than this beauty is what I'm searching for :happy:

20220212_093308.jpg
    20220212_093326(0).jpg

Maya's showing up in the mixed rolls tells me I'm likely to get a full roll of Maya's soon, fingers crossed!!!

12. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

I opened a roll from the bank once and it was all older state quarters. Someone must have turned in a collection because they were all in pristine condition. Beautiful quarters! I just had to keep them! Great finds!

noahhutch01, berto and Kurisu like this.
  13. berto

berto Well-Known Member

Speaking of quarters, yesterday I ordered an uncirculated roll of '57D quarters and another uncirculated roll of '61 quarters...In original shotgun rolls so I couldn't resist! I imagine I won't open the rolls to search for varieties, but maybe?

Either way I'm excited to see them!

14. noahhutch01

noahhutch01 Member

Hi, everyone! This is my first time posting on this website. I have spent the past few nights looking through this entire thread (just finished!) while waiting on my first two boxes of halves to come in (Tuesday). Many of you have found some really neat stuff! Fingers crossed!!!

15. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

@noahhutch01 Welcome to Cointalk and good luck with your search! Let us know what you find!

noahhutch01 likes this.
  16. furryfrog02

Welcome!

noahhutch01 likes this.
  17. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

I think I am done with CRH. I had my banker hold all customer wrapped coins. In a little over a week I picked up the following: 23 rolls Lincolns, 5 rolls of nickels, 31 rolls of dimes, and ;8 rolls of quarters. (they had more quarters but a client needed them for their business so I did not get 4 rolls)
    Findings: 11 wheaties, 1 1907 IHP, 1 1949 nickel, NOT ONE DIME WORTH keeping.
    I found 4 quarters worth keeping 2 1960, 1 194? date not visible, and one SLQ worn so badly you could hardly tell what it was.
    I do order half dollars and have had some luck with them, only one 64 JFK, and 12 40% coins. My banker has a standing order from me for on box of halves per week, it gives me time to search them, put them back in the wrappers, mark them and turn them back in to receive the next box. They also save any customer wrapped halves for me.
    It is getting to the point that it is becoming a waste of time ESPECIALLY WITH DIMES.
    I think I will stick to purchasing collections from individuals referred to me by members at the club and those I have done business with.
    Glad for those of ya that CRH and find goodies but my luck SUCKS!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

18. Phil's Coins

Had any luck searching your pennies???:)

19. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

Welcome! Excited to see what you find :woot:

noahhutch01 likes this.
  20. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

You found four silver quarters in eight rolls, and you're "done with CRH"? o_O

Based on what I hear from others, it's unusual to find more than one silver quarter per box. I think I'd be camping at that bank, and taking them rolls of quarters from elsewhere to swap if they're short.

noahhutch01 likes this.
  21. Phil's Coins

It is the MOST I have ever found CRH. Wish I had that luck with halves.
    Semper Fi

-jeffB likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted